Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting to have turbo dreams
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
Not sure what happened but before I knew it I was poking around last night looking at turbos and what would be a good custom setup for a 2.7rs.

I tried to call the engine builder but he is out of town for a week or so. Just wanted to ask his advice before I when crazy over here. Probably not gonna work but who knows.

But it looks like you can do a pretty slick setup with these cars. Mount the turbo where the muffler is and run it into am intercooler above the tranny. Mounted to trunk with hole and a fan. WRX intercooler with the blowoff valve built in looks like a good choice. GT35R turbo would work good. Just not to sure how well the 6 ITB would work with this. I have a shop 5 miles from my house who does custom piping.

Well anyways just an idea I was throwing around in my head. Engine dynos at 240hp right now. Would be nice to get about 350 so I can beat this guys gt40. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
dont you have a high compression 2.7??

and ITB's...... not easy to turbo that setup.....

and it aint built for it.....
ClayPerrine
I have a 1976 930 engine that I will swap for your engine. It has all the turbo parts on it, plus an extra wastegate spring to raise the boost.

I will even pay for the shipping both ways.
turboman808
haha no way
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.