Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Flares - dibs on these - maybe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
Ebay GT Flares

I am picking up an other 914 next week. This one I want to do a 916 conversion to it.
I see these flares on ebay and look ok but, is there much of a difference in the quality of them?
M.A.M has them for about $270 a set. A guy up here in Canada has an original P set and he wants $2300 for them.
For $160 would I be better off going to M.A.M.? or could these do the trick?
Tx
Aaron Cox
fiberglass vs steel.....
tracks914
steel = $2300
fiberglass = $160

new car = $1000 ($2300 flares are not going on it)

but is there much of a difference in the fiberglass that the difference vendors sell or are they all just as bad?
Mueller
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jun 8 2006, 04:24 PM) *

steel = $2300
fiberglass = $160

but is there much of a difference in the fiberglass that the difference vendors sell or are they all just as bad?

the eBay flares are being sold by the Manufacture.....so no added markup.....I've bought the eBay flares before, good quality...Joe R has them on his redneck racer right now....
tracks914
Now I see that he has many of them for sale. I'll just wait until he gives me a shipping quote.
BTW does he or anyone else sell the 916 front and rear bumpers direct?
cobra94563
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jun 8 2006, 04:24 PM) *

steel = $2300
fiberglass = $160

I went back and forth that decision recently.. depends on how much you plan to put in the car ultimately. But I bought the steel replica GT flares from automotion last month at 20% off, so under 900. I'm still waiting for them, so i don't know if that was the right decision.. driving.gif
East coaster
Got my steel flares for $699 shipped on evil-bay. They were actually from AA, but they arrived a couple days later........so no complaints.
Joe Ricard
Yup I like the flares I got from Mike.
They look good for me and my Autocross / track car. Nice fiberglass thin (1/16 to 3/32" ) stiff (good laminating) and not all globby.
nomore9one4
Go with steel. I am planning to take off my fiberglass and replace with steel flares next year. It would have saved me alot of time and money had I done it right the first time. Just my 2 cents
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.