Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So i finally named my car... DAMIEN
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TeamAxisRacing
i got a 1972 black 2.0 liter car thats running a rebuilt 1.7 that has been a total headache.

so in honor of the car being a DAPO special and it seems to be possesed im calling it Damien devil.gif

having trouble trying to get it to turn over and fire, had the igniton close to figured out but had sporatic spark. today i go through replace fuel filter (even through old one was fine) and check fuel to the pump, cant get any rail pressure. crank it over to see if i get spark no spark today happy11.gif wtf. I didnt change anything or wires happy11.gif

so I am testing the voltage to coil and checking relay board, and playing with a janbo tester. Nothing...... this car is possesed and it needs a excorsism by Bleyseng, thank god that fucker comes back on the 14th bye1.gif

ok \endventing... ill go back tomarrow and the coil will fire and i will still not get any fuel pressure.. i cannot wait untill this car drives so i can through a freakin haltech and coil on plug setup on it that is much easier for me to diagnosis headbang.gif headbang.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif
Twystd1
Aaron suggested an Exorcism...

Ya might wanna call da Slits and get one from him...

Regretefully,

Twystd1
rhodyguy
C A R B U R E T O R S. hehe.

k
TeamAxisRacing
yeah yeah kevin, i do have those old dellorto's but i want to go aftermarket efi then i will have no trouble with it. it would be a step back
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Jun 8 2006, 06:45 PM) *

Aaron suggested an Exorcism...

Ya might wanna call da Slits and get one from him...

Regretefully,

Twystd1

Slits suggested an E N E M A blink.gif
DNHunt
Blair

Maybe you can get some Holy Water and get it blessed like they do for the fishing fleet every year. I bet the water will just hiss and boil off that sucker. I think we have a little sample of water that we used when we baptized my son. It came from the Jordan River. On second thought I better save that.

My case has no serial number and is stamped with 3, 6's above the #3 spigot. That explains alot.

Dave
Bleyseng
No Holy water was needed, just figure out what was hooked up wrong.

No Way are carbs going on as those Dells look good on the shelf gathering dust!

Fixed the fuel pump- wired backwards so no pressure
Fixed the dizzy as it was set 180 degrees off and points were no tight nor set right

Ok, now lets try to start it! Rrrr, whoom, purrrrrr at 2000 rpms. Love that FI as if there is spark and fuel pressure it runs right now.

Ran it for 20 minutes to set the cam and then tried to find the cause of the high idle. (vacuum leaks)

One day Kevin will see the light and get FI. Maybe DaveHunt will convert him! alfred.gif
JPB
You say conversion, I say perversion, you say get FI, I say no way guy, conversion, perversion, get FI, no way guy, lets call the whole thing off.

beer.gif If its not run on bear then its run by qu##rs!
914werke
Right On Blair! beer.gif clap56.gif driving.gif
Bleyseng
You're next on the list, Rich. We'll get the yellow car tuned up! burnout.gif hijacked.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.