Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saturday Night Dinner in San Diego
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
He's coming into to town on his ship. I can pick him up, give him a place to crash and all. Was thinking might be nice to get us all together to say hi. Maybe that place we met up for Brad on Mission Gourge or some where else. Pat & Oscars in Mission Valley. Any suggestion welcome.

Herb, Brad Sean, Mark, John, Sweden, Brer, and the guys I forgot, we're working on memory here.

What do you say?

Don
eeyore
drunk.gif
hmeeder
chowtime.gif

Don, I think you are thinking of San Diego Brewing, over behind the Carl's Jr on Mission Gorge, right?
DonTraver
Yeah, that sounds like it, couldn't remember name, brain damage.

So let's set it up for 7pm there. How's that sound?
Brad Roberts
I'm in! 7pm San Diego Brewing?

How do we get a old of Brer?

B
Aaron Cox
crap.. i work till 5:30
rcrgrl
can i invite myself? come and meet some san diego guys?
brer
sounds cool.
I'll bring my engine.
ohmy.gif

Brad Roberts
RCRGirl,

ALL are welcome! (say it in the creepy voice of the midget in Poltergeist)

How many SD people can we get to show up?

What about the guy with the Yellow car/GT flares, and the guy with the gutted blue car that runs AutoX with us?

I'll even drive a 914 to the event..

B
tdgray
QUOTE(hmeeder @ Jun 8 2006, 09:44 PM) *

chowtime.gif

Don, I think you are thinking of San Diego Brewing, over behind the Carl's Jr on Mission Gorge, right?

Thats the place we went when I came out last year... good beer... and I had plenty of it biggrin.gif
rcrgrl
cool! sdbrewing co is one of my fave places. 50/50 chance i'll get the hall pass from the hubby ... be there if i can smile.gif
DonTraver
Ijust talked with fatlando, he's still a couple of hours out from the pier. I'm picking him up tomorrow morning, we'll do a early backcountry tour of some nice roads, stop at Victory Motorsports in Temecula to see some of the race cars Don Clark is putting together for some upcoming big race, not sure what series now. Then dinner tomorrow night with all of you that can make it. That is just too cool. This club rocks.

Hey Arron, we'll be there till 9-10pm or longer, plenty of time to get your new ride down here if you leave at 5:30, if you push it, you might beat us there, lol.

The name, address, phone number is:

San Diego Brewing
10450 Friars Rd (intersection of Friars and Mission Gourge)
619-284-2739

Later, Don
Brad Roberts
Thanks Don for heading this up!

RCRGrl,

bring hubby and kids with you. We dont bite (at least not at first)

who else do we have?

B
hmeeder
I'm in.

Brad- By yellow car GT flares are you talking George? That'd be interesting (or?) the other yellow flared car is Austin Smith. Kid runs with his dad (who's got a bad ass AM 911 in black.)

Blue car is Larry Bevins. None of those guys spend any time here, tho.

Hey, Mark! if you show, I'll let you visit with your tires!

Other regular culprits are Jess Osterberg (maroon 2.0) and I think Sean is out of town. Went back East to visit family.

Calling John Rogers!

Brer- 3 more posts and you'll have something worth driving! (you are at 911 as I look right now!)
Dr Evil
Man I wish I could go. In undergrad I would go there every Wed for wing night.

Have fun, welcome to the good weather.

Mark, PM me please biggrin.gif
john rogers
We'll try to make it so save me a couple of seats please.
DonTraver
Leaving to pick him up in a few minutes, see you all tonight.

Don
siverson
I'll be there also - with three people and two 914s!

See you tonight.

-Steve
DonTraver
Great turnout +16 piratenanner.gif , Marks (Cloudbuster) SO remembered to bring a camera, said they will post pictures later, once again this nonclub rocks.
beerchug.gif
Later, Don
fatlando
to all,

great pleasure meeting all of you tonight. What a great feeling coming to town, and instantly having friends....Can't wait to get together more often, and talk more teener stuff!

Will gladly swap guitar lessons for any assistance with my red devil!

If any of you come to the seattle area before October and need a place to crash, let me know!!

Fat Lando!! beer.gif

rcrgrl
QUOTE(fatlando @ Jun 10 2006, 09:22 PM) *

to all,

great pleasure meeting all of you tonight.
Fat Lando!! beer.gif

agree.gif

the dinner was for Lando - but we had a great time meeting all of you too!!

beerchug.gif
Toast
QUOTE(fatlando @ Jun 10 2006, 09:22 PM) *

Will gladly swap guitar lessons for any assistance with my red devil!
Fat Lando!! beer.gif

Wish Washington was in the backdoor. Can't help you much mechanically, but I have a guitar that I need to learn to play. rock_band.gif

Glad you had such a great time. Nice turnout girls and guys!!
What other club can gather so many for a last minute turnout for someone they have never met? Rock on 914 Club! aktion035.gif

Hope to meet you sometime! Glad you made it to So. Cal safely, and have a safe trip back!

Melba
type47fan
It was great to spend a few hours with fellow enthusiasts!

Seems desserts were the order of the night. . . .Herb (hmeeder) and his son enjoyed this wonderous delight (they couldn't finish it off!) and Raqcergirl shared this mud pie with a friend.
olav

Looks like a lot of fun!

Thanks for sharing the pics!
fatlando
Hey chick!

no problem! had a great time and was cool meeting everyone.

Music is a wonderful thing and don't mind teaching at all.

Here's a link of to my single, Smashed our Car, which I have a 914 on the back sleeve. I'll send/give one to you when we move down here!

http://classifieds.thestranger.com/seattle...oid=oid%3A97766

Wish Washington was in the backdoor. Can't help you much mechanically, but I have a guitar that I need to learn to play. rock_band.gif

Glad you had such a great time. Nice turnout girls and guys!!
What other club can gather so many for a last minute turnout for someone they have never met? Rock on 914 Club! aktion035.gif

Hope to meet you sometime! Glad you made it to So. Cal safely, and have a safe trip back!

Melba
[/quote]
Brad Roberts
I find this humorous:

We started this "dinner" for out of towners in Mountain View CA at Tied House. The SD brewing company has the EXACT same business model and food on the menu!!

What is it with 914 people and micro brews? LOL

Great meeting everyone! I had fun beerchug.gif

I would really like to put together some kind of dinner or breakfast like we did in NorCal once a month.

I enjoy getting caught up with everyone.

B
hmeeder
Hell, if I knew the paparazzi were going to be there I would have had the makeup people do a better job!

Brad; let's talk about maybe a regular gig (or perhaps quarterly?) we've been doing 914 dinners about every half a year at one of my restaurants. Always fun, always good food, always good company.
DonTraver
I'd like to see us getting together more than once or twice a year, it's nice to catch up.
john rogers
I agree with Don, at my age I need a lot of time to catch up!!! Oh yeah, did you check out that '57 Corvette website rcrgrl has, nice picts.
rcrgrl
QUOTE(john rogers @ Jun 12 2006, 06:43 PM) *

I agree with Don, at my age I need a lot of time to catch up!!! Oh yeah, did you check out that '57 Corvette website rcrgrl has, nice picts.

thank you so much! you make me blush. - hope anybody/everybody at the WCC stops by our pits in the races to bring good luck! driving-girl.gif

it was way fun to get together with everybody - i'm up for making a regular thing!

beerchug.gif
cbenitah
I haven't seen this thread until now.. Bummer sad.gif Looks like you all had fun, and next time I'll try to be more active in the forum so I won't miss the next dinner...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.