Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rabies RAT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
I have never seen a 200 HP type 4 in action....Quite impressive and really really really really really quick.

Sounded solid, no valve noise, tuned correctly with Foley's header and large Carbs, this thing is easily a 911 beater, along with a rice beater...

Light weight fiberglass car 1600 pounds with this motor is really fun to watch.

AWESOME motor Jake!!! smilie_pokal.gif
crash914
smilie_pokal.gif We got to get John and Rick on this web site....they have lots of good info on car set up. Too bad that work has prevented me from running any a-x this year. I have enjoyed all of the 914 bunch at the ax's....herb
Bruce Allert
"Rabies Rat" laugh.gif
I thought you were refering to that skeletal hood ornament Brad found in one of his cars laugh.gif cool_shades.gif
bruce wavey.gif
mskala
QUOTE(crash914 @ Sep 30 2003, 06:47 AM)
Too bad that work has prevented me from running any a-x this year. I have enjoyed all of the 914 bunch at the ax's....herb

Yeah, 914 attendance has been spotty this year. I know some have decided to AX a different car,
and some are just not showing up. One time a 356 took class 1 ("not that there's anything wrong
with that")
Jake Raby
So tell me more........I have not even talked to them since they received the engine.... How did it do?
redshift
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Sep 30 2003, 09:30 AM)
"Rabies Rat" laugh.gif
I thought you were refering to that skeletal hood ornament Brad found in one of his cars laugh.gif cool_shades.gif
bruce wavey.gif

IT'S ON EBAY!

wink.gif

M
mskala
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 30 2003, 11:00 AM)
I have not even talked to them since they received the engine.... How did it do?

In the PCA stuff I do, it has a couple FTD's. It's already in a "any-mods is good"
class, and I think times would improve if they made the gearing taller. It's
already stiff enough and turns in very well. And there's no way that car is
1600 lbs.
r_towle
First time I saw it with the new motor it sounded like kukka. It was a definate Carb issue and they have slip joint on the headers that allow to much cool air in...lots of backfiring.

Now, its tuned and sounds sweet.
I think they toned the muffler down, or rather added a muffler.

Mark, the car is 1680 lbs.
Its all fiberglass baby.

Jake, you should try to contact them, there are a few videos around from this years events that record them running by.

Rich
mskala
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 1 2003, 04:13 PM)
Mark, the car is 1680 lbs.
Its all fiberglass baby.

No way. Maybe Paul (URY914) or others could take a look
at this pic. Paul's car is ~1580. John's car has a full cage
to the suspension points, and I haven't seen all that many
parts removed except for all the interior. My car which is
stock except for pulling the sound deadening is still around
Jake Raby
I have tried emailing John with no luck.... I would liek to reach him so I can give him some sponsorship goodies.
crash914
Damn!! He stole my paint color.....I guess that I will have to use his old green paint color...LOL......
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(mskala @ Oct 1 2003, 10:29 PM)

No way. Maybe Paul (URY914) or others could take a look
at this pic. Paul's car is ~1580. John's car has a full cage
to the suspension points, and I haven't seen all that many
parts removed except for all the interior. My car which is
stock except for pulling the sound deadening is still around

I have no problem believing the weight.
My race car weighs less than 1800lbs - it has 60 lbs ballast on the floor + steel fenders and deck lids. Their roll cage is very similar to mine - the same guy built both. wink.gif

I like their new look.

BTW Rich, their problem with backfiring had nothing to do with the slip joints of the header.
mskala
Okay Chris, I guess I can believe you, you unlike Rich have some
cred ohmy.gif . I can't see where all the weight went.
r_towle
I am just passing along what I was told regarding the weight.

Mark, remember the type 4 engine is less weight than your 6,
914-6: 387lbs
2.0 914-4: somewhere around 300

as far as credibility goes finger.gif wink.gif

Chris, I was not dissing the exhaust system, au contraire, I really need one of those systems, just passing along what they said to me, they were commenting that they had a few leaks, user install issues, self admitted, not your design work...

Rich
Bleyseng
I thought it was 150lbs +/- more than a type 4 which comes in at around 325lbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.