Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lifting a 914 with a fork lift?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
If your putting a 914 on a flat deck (semi) what sort of bracing would you need to lift and where as to not cause damage to the car?

Ballance points?
SLITS
wooden pallet underneath.....pick it up......done it a few times. Pallet provides balance, protects the rockers and keeps the forks from digging into the floor pan. You won't be able to center the vehicle on the flatbed unless the forklift has extended forks (or you roll it back and forth once it is on).

I tend to put one of the pallets edges halfway between the jack hole and engine bar. Actually that's where I start and then pick it up till the wheels are off the ground to see if it's balanced. You can tell real fast.

That said, it would be better to find a facility with a load dock and drive it on the flatbed to really protect it.
URY914
I agree, use a pallet under it.

I want to get a pallet jack to lift my car with. It may lift it up far enough but if I put some 2x4's on the jack it should get the tires off the ground (maybe). Than I can just push it over into the corner. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.