Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reproduction seals vs. OEM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
i am in need a few seals and have been looking for a while, and have been leaning towards reproduction seals and wanted to knowwhat everyone here thought. i know that some of the early repro seals didnt work that great, but the newer ones seem ok, anyone here have pro's/cons. one major factor is that the repro's are MUCH cheaper, I am wondering if the OEM are worth the price...
Qarl
IMHO, the door sill seals are fine, as are the rear trunk seals.

I had a repro windshield frame seal that was crap. I also had a repro front trunk seal that never fit quite right (too small).
redshift
I can't spend money on non-OE seals, maybe there is a good one out there, but I swear I haven't seen it.

Do what you can with the trunks (I hear there is a $19.00 Mr2 seal that works better than the Porsche seal) but stay OEM with the others.

Don't listen to Karl, he just wants your car to rust away, so his will be worth even more millions.. his car is going to be so pretty, I am going to have to twitch my car to keep him from humping his.

laugh.gif

M
si2t3m
Dare I say... I've got seals from another car on my 914. They're from a Honda. unsure.gif

I replaced the door seal (the one on the body, not on the door) with door seals from a prelude and same thing for the rear trunk (young guy at the office totaled his car and was parting it out...)

Fits fine till i get the correct one (if i ever do...).

I have a repro seal for the front trunk. Poor design regarding the corners near the windshield. I'll be going OEM on this one.

I have Sam's seal for the targa top. Fits perfect.

Marc-André
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.