Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901 Tranny
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GBallantine
Has anyone tried the Seine Systems shift linkage conversion on a 901 side shifter ? It seems to greatly improve the shift pattern on early 911 . They sell a 901 conversion for tail shift 914's and a modified version for side shifters.

www.seinesystems.com

GB
Dr Evil
Not seeing what you are talking about. All I see is a gat shift kit for a 911 shift console (different from ours).
GBallantine
It's referred to as a Gate Shift Kit. It talks about application in a 914 and the neccessary mods to install on a side shift tranny. Anyone used it?

GB
gregrobbins
I recall this was discussed here some time ago. I don't recall anyone who had actually tried the unit.

The side shift requirement to measure, cut, and weld would be tough for people like me who don't weld. Sounds like a good alternative to the stock rear shift issues though. And the price seems quite reasonable.

If they made a turn key kit for the side shift, I would give it a try.

I have the Weltmeiser short shift kit, it is just OK. Actually 2nd through 5th are great, but sometimes getting into first is a royal pain.

A proven upgrade is the JWest shifter available in the Parts and Products section. It gets a lot of praise. It is a lot more $s though. But you always have to pay for quality.

If you try one of these kits, be sure to post photos and let us know how the install goes, and how the car shifts.
Mueller
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jun 10 2006, 07:43 AM) *

A proven upgrade is the JWest shifter available in the Parts and Products section. It gets a lot of praise. It is a lot more $s though. But you always have to pay for quality.

for the Seine system you need to purchase thier kit AND you need to purchase a 915 shifter housing assembly....
gregrobbins
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 10 2006, 07:49 AM) *

for the Seine system you need to purchase their kit AND you need to purchase a 915 shifter housing assembly....

I missed that part, nice catch.
Aaron Cox
RENNSHIFTER is mo betta

already engineered... bolt in and go
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.