Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Club badge idea #4520
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michaelmoo
Here is a club badge idea I was playing with. I don’t like the text (or words) in the “bezel” part of it. Plus keep in mind that I did it fairly quickly so the “gears” around it aren’t spaced correctly. I’m also not sure about colors. This is just and idea or exercise in futility.
RON S.
Looks kinda cool.

R
nein14
Mike that look GREAT!!! I like the color combo.
Bartlett 914
Nice job Mike. I like it.

But I think the bumper and fog light look a little out of scale to the rest of the car. Just an observation not criticism.

Mark
Part Pricer

I predict letters from lawyers.

Rusty
Nice design... for wording on the edges how about?

"Conversions, Sawzalls, and Hooters" biggrin.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
arc914
i like the club badge idea, but i agree the teener is out of proportion.
I was hoping for the outline of the teener you see after the web id.
Does anyone know if there is a sticker out of it i would like to add it to my teener.
Andrew in the Soo
Eric_Shea
DIG IT!

(but green?)
VegasRacer
We have had threads about badges several times in the past. I hope we will decide to do something soon. Here are a few of the previous ideas.
ConeDodger
Nice.... I like...
turboman808
The original is the best. The black one isn't bad. Little work and it would be real nice.
mudfoot76
These would make for some bitchin' cuff links
Click to view attachment
Gint
Please don't take this as me being a dick, because it's not intended that way. The fact is you'll need permission from the admin team before using 914world.com name and/or logo.

Personally, I really like it.

beerchug.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Part Pricer @ Jun 9 2006, 05:33 AM) *

I predict letters from lawyers.

we're all too cheap for lawyers. we prefer bitching and crying (you'll see happy11.gif )

BTW, nice design. Color Choice of cars would be awesome thumb3d.gif
alpha434
We probly won't get letters from lawyers if we aren't "selling" the badges. Only accept paypal donations for your 914 project or something.

But DAMN! That is one GOOD looking badge! I would crap a brick to have one of those.

So... Here's the plan. Produce one high volume batch. 500 badges. Never produce again. By the time lawyers get in the mix, you can just tell them that they will no longer be produced or sold.
drewvw

I like em, but not enough to crap a brick. Let me know if the price goes down and I am in! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
JPB
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 9 2006, 11:49 AM) *

We have had threads about badges several times in the past. I hope we will decide to do something soon. Here are a few of the previous ideas.

I'd like a badge for my beast. Are these still for sale or are we looking for a new design?

beer.gif Me like, me want.
Leo Imperial
I made a few adjustments. biggrin.gif
eg914
That looks more like my car now (except for the color).

I think the oval badge a few posts up would make a good belt buckle.
jimtab
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 9 2006, 08:31 AM) *

DIG IT!

(but green?)

HELL YA! Zambezi baby..... biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
WTF.gif Lookie at what I found. shocked[1].gif

Click to view attachment

owned.gif Now I know who made the first batch. cool.gif idea.gif
jim_hoyland
Very nice !
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

What's the statis on this project? Good idea i think. Let's get going.

DAVE slap.gif
JPB
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 18 2006, 08:07 AM) *

WTF.gif Lookie at what I found. shocked[1].gif

Click to view attachment

owned.gif Now I know who made the first batch. cool.gif idea.gif

Since ya know who made them, can we get more? I like the old one.
GWN7
If I remember rightly from the previous thread on these (heads a bit fuzzy today), the original manufacture wanted a fair number to be ordered before the price went down to acceptable levels.

Hydra
the black oval one looks great!!!
what was he price for the old one?
VegasRacer
The price on the web site suggest that it would cost $23.75 each for the old style, if we got 200. I think we can do better. Plus, 200 badges might be to many. If we could find 100 for $20 each, that would we perfect. I will keep looking.

I would be happy to take on this project, but first there has be be approval from the Admin. All of the designs so far look good, but there are none that scream 'this is the one'. I like the black oval best, but it seems a little to modern.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I believe the one on the upper left corner of JPB's post is the badge for the old 914 group. Recently resurrected on yahoo. Better check with the the man, Dennis Deeds ( I think) . I could be all wrong,but think not. Dave Darling jump in here. or anyone who is more sure than i am. Dave slap.gif
STL914
I like Michael's idea for a badge, the one he posted when he
started this thread. It looks like he has invested some time
into this and I, for one, would like to see how far he can take
this. He may already have a source for the badges. The close
up of the 914 front section is striking and leaves little doubt that
the 914 is a unique auto.

The shield shaped badge is from the old Renagade 914 club,
and many will recognise it as such. We need a new badge for
this "new" club.
seanery
I like a lot of the versions that have been shown, in this thread and in others discussing this topic, but here's the deal:

If and when it is decided by the management that we want to pursue creating 914Club badges, we (the management) will take care of it.

We're working on changes that will get more product into club member's hands more quickly, but it will take us some time and limited sale items, unfortunately, will probably be put at the bottom of the list.
Howard
QUOTE(mudfoot76 @ Jun 9 2006, 09:23 AM) *

These would make for some bitchin' cuff links
Click to view attachment

For our black tie events? drunk.gif

BADGES???? WE DON'T NEED....
dekman
If done "old style"....I think they are classy and look vintage! I like the round, gear style. Count me in! Come'on Howard....it might even dress-up the tail-dragger! cool_shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 19 2006, 08:38 PM) *

but here's the deal

agree.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 18 2006, 03:29 PM) *
. . . . . first there has be be approval from the Admin.

smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Hi gang beerchug.gif

We the admin team GREATLY appreciate the efforts by all of you!! clap56.gif

however,

We dont believe it is too much to ask: PLEASE run all graphics/thoughts/idea's/past ANY of the admins via a PM or EMAIL prior to a clubsite public "blast". The admin group is in place to uphold a certain quality standard for ALL products that bare the 914Club name. Many times we have seen SHIT produced by other groups for other clubs. We wont have it. It is much easier to have 1-2 people who understand what we want quality wise help make the GO/NO GO decision (or to make a minor change to the product if need be)

Bottom line: run it past us first. If you dont get a response within a day, try again. We are not against ANY of the idea's. Many of them have been discussed over and over again.

B
turboman808
Yeah I like the old one. I've paid between 30-50 for nice badges. So if it's that much for a nice classy badge who cares.

The raised textured pewter ones are sweet. The original with maybe some new colors and a raises 914 would be pretty sweet.

The raises line like on the site would be pretty cool but please make a classy badge smile.gif

Look at some of the badges on ebay right now. drooley.gif
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Can't we get badges of this quality made in the US confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.