Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd brake light, LED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
I found the Engman thread about the 4 LED 3rd brake lights from Corvettes. they are gone. I seem to remember, but cannot find, a thread about another source and mounting under the roll bar/sail. anyone know the thread, source of ligtht, etc? any more of the corvette lights available?
sk8kat1
QUOTE(jfort @ Jun 9 2006, 06:11 AM) *

I found the Engman thread about the 4 LED 3rd brake lights from Corvettes. they are gone. I seem to remember, but cannot find, a thread about another source and mounting under the roll bar/sail. anyone know the thread, source of ligtht, etc? any more of the corvette lights available?

if engman doesn't have one I do that is a primered one

pm me
sk8kat1
oh and had a hell of a time finding a drill that I could fit under the roll bar( for GM light )
Demick
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Jun 9 2006, 07:39 AM) *

oh and had a hell of a time finding a drill that I could fit under the roll bar( for GM light )

Removing the engine lid is a 3 minute job. Without the engine lid, any drill will fit.

BigDBass
I still have that GM light sitting while I work up the will to install it.

There is some info and some tips in this thread, which may be what you were looking for.
jfort
thanks, demik. that's the thread i was remembering. i called pilot who sent me to global pacific in chicago and i ordered the pilot light, WE6-198.

you guys are the greatest!!
dlo914
are you guys talking about this LED brakelight from Pilot? We've got two of these at work for like $15 a pop.
7TPorsh
Is that inside the car? can it be mounted outside? Looks awesome.
7TPorsh
Hey! What's that weird emblem on your grill?
Demick
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Jun 16 2006, 01:38 PM) *

are you guys talking about this LED brakelight from Pilot? We've got two of these at work for like $15 a pop.

Problem with that one is that it blocks your rear view mirror visibility.

dlo914
yea it mounts on the interior. i could always make a custom bracket to mount the LED bar closer to the targa, or mount it at the location of the 914club sticker. hehe i was missing a few letters from the grill and slapped the VW badge on. smile.gif
double-a
i used the same pilot light 3rd brake product, removed the "legs," tapped a hole through the center and mounted it through the center screw point on the targa bar pad. no nasty adhesive, glue, or marring of the original interior. and only one screw is needed. it's nice and tight against the targa bar.

~a
horizontally-opposed
I wonder if there is one out there that is EXACTLY the width between the headrests... this way it would not draw attention to itself when it's off.

It also wouldn't block the view back and it wouldn't need to be an "outdoor" model either. Gentlemen, start your tape measures...

Oh, and how do we make a black plastic trim piece to integrate it in the interior?!?

Maybe a job for a good upholstery shop...

pete
Garland
This was my install.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=28978&hl=

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.