Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedrini's vs Riviera's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
I have a lead on a set of Pedrini's and was wondering how they compare to the Riviera's currently on the car? I've been reading that the Riv's are a cast wheel and tend to crack - not to mention that they are heavy. Are they worth the extra couple hundred dollars?
boxstr
I cannot give away Rivs, 914 owners keep calling me for Pedrinis and Mahles as well as the Fuchs.
CCLINWHEELCAMP
STL914
Vance,

Most definitely the Pedrini's!!

By the way, I'll have a set of 5 available for sale soon if your lead falls thru.
Having steel flares installed and will be going to a different wheel set up.
Dave_Darling
Pedrinis were made for 914s. Rivs were made for Bugs, and revised to fit 914s. Some Rivs (actual bug wheels) will not fit tires wider than 165s under stock 914 fenders. Some will fit up to 195s, while some will fit 205s. Elephino what the difference between the last two is, though!

There are two "flavors" of Pedrinis. The first kind came out in 71, I think, and it will not fit the front hubs of the late-72 and later cars! (Those are the "hub-centric" front hubs.) The part number for this version ends in ".00". The second kind was available in 1973 (maybe late 72?) and will fit the later hub-centric hubs. This version has a part number that ends in ".01". Make sure you get the latter kind if you want Pedrinis and have a one of the later cars.

--DD
davep
The Pedrini and Mahle rims are cast also, but I haven't heard much concern about cracking. The Fuchs rims are forged, and significantly stronger.

The early Pedrini's can be machined to fit the hub-centric rotors.
WRX914
Got a set of 4 pedrini wheels. No rash... but could use a little luv to make look great. Will sell for $300ish for the 4.

hijacked.gif
Tobra
QUOTE(davep @ Jun 9 2006, 10:07 AM) *

The Pedrini and Mahle rims are cast also, but I haven't heard much concern about cracking. The Fuchs rims are forged, and significantly stronger.

The early Pedrini's can be machined to fit the hub-centric rotors.

I have to get mine machined, got 4 "00" and one "01" Never cared for the Riviera wheels. Always dug the Pedrini/Mahle look
JP Mikey
Rivs suck....they others don't...
JerryP
I never ran pedrinis but I had rivs(street use only) with stock tires. Never had a problem with them except I wanted to go with a larger tire size and that was an issue. I guess people just don't like the look of them or maybe they are cheap as compared to other cast rims. I have a cracked Mahle but no cracked Rivs. Lotsa Riv bashers out there though, so I guess there must be a reason.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.