Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 in Central Massachusetts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
a71914
Just wondering who the diehard teener is who I saw on Mechanics Street in Leominster yesterday.
It was too wet for me to take mine out. My hat is off to you sir. thumb3d.gif thumb3d.gif
r_towle
We have two DD 914's here...the volvo died...so all I got is the 914 right now...
Not in leominster though...

Rich
a71914
Rich, I would have recognised you. I most likely would have waved. I think you would have recognised me I was in my wife's 924S.

Bill B.
moneysmarts
It was me.
I thought it was going to clear up.
Got caught in a little drizzle.
Once in a rare while a little water can't hurt it, right???????????
drewvw

I have nitemares about getting caught in the rain in mine....

a71914
Your car is in nice shape. I only got a quick look as I passed you. Was it origionally imported to the states? I ask because I noticed the volkswagen-porsche emblem on the rear panel.
moneysmarts
It was origionally purchased at Bob Smith Porsche-Audi in Hollywood, CA. The second owner worked at Performance Products in Van Nuys, which was kind of like Tweeks or Pelican. He purchased all kinds stuff with a deep employee discount. One of the items was the euro-style rear emblem.
r_towle
QUOTE(drewvw @ Jun 9 2006, 02:59 PM) *

I have nitemares about getting caught in the rain in mine....

wimp,
The car wont melt.
Rain cant stop you..at least not this year..or you will never drive it...

I lost my volvo and had to go find my rain tray for the engine lid....and now the rubber on my windows etc....overall, it will leak no matter what you do, so drive and enjoy...

A shop vac every weeks gets it dry again...

Rich
drewvw

you're right....I just like keeping mine dry.
ejm
I was in Marlborough at school this week and saw a green one on Simanaro Drive... it was turning into one of the office buildings... I would have turned around but I was already late... 90+495 headbang.gif
kevinpdunn
The first 914 I ever drove was on the Long Island Xpressway. Raining cats and effing dogs. The speedo said 105, and the car felt like it was on rails! That was when I was convinced I was buying a 914. Didn't buy that one though. Still on the hunt. I Think I found my dream car, just waiting for the right time to go get it. Hopefully when it stops raining!

java script:emoticon(':driving:', 'smid_29')
driving.gif
wertygrog
Think I found my dream car, just waiting for the right time to go get it. Hopefully when it stops raining!

Hey, don't steal mine, go find your own! tongue.gif

I have never seen another teener besides my own, but my eyes are Always peeled! biggrin.gif One day I shall drive around and not go home until I see a teener! :/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.