Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Riverside Region Auto-X
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Riverside Region is having another night-time autocross this month on Saturday the 17th. Location is the National Orange Show fairgrounds in San Bernadino. Enter at Gate 10- off Arrowhead Avenue, south of Mill Street, and north of Orange Show Road.

Be there starting at 6PM for tech inspection. Bring your own helmet, loaners might be available. A handfull of DIs will be there as well.

Fee for the event is $50. $40 if your registraion is postmarked 7 days before the event. E-Mail jimb911@copper.net for an electronic registration.

Here's a map of the event location:
Click to view attachment

Also attached is the registration form, which has instructions. This should make a fun night-time event after the Big Bear Run. Be sure to keep 914 CLUB in the Club/Affiliation section (already done). I hope to see some of you there!

Edit: Here's some directions...

From Orange County:
Take 5/55/57/405 North to 91 Fwy.
Take 91 East.
91 East turns into 215 North.
Exit Orange Show Road, Turn right onto Orange Show Road.
Stay in the left lane
Turn left onto Arrowhead Ave
Turn left into Gate 10.

From Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario/Upland/Pomona
Take 60 East to 91 East/215 North.
Exit Orange Show Road, Turn right onto Orange Show Road.
Stay in the left lane
Turn left onto Arrowhead Ave
Turn left into Gate 10.

From those you should be able to find your way easily.
Aaron Cox
i may be there running, spectating at least.

nailed.
Brad Roberts
Bingo!

I knew this was coming up.

I need to get the tags for the Boxster Spec car. It works well for AutoX also.

I'm IN. Perfect cap to the day.

Hey dad? Can "we" stay at your place?

B
Brad Roberts
HUm.. maybe I should mount our 25hr enduro lights on the front of the Boxster!! clap56.gif

B
Brando
Alright, UPDATE! I have the Zone 8 Rules and Calssification Guidelines. Most of you with 914s will run in A or C class 914-6s in H class, unless you've done an engine swap. If you don't know how many points you have (from modifications) you run in X Class. You can download the rules booklet here.

For example, let's use Aaron's Car:

Base Class: CS/S
2pts - Tarret Front Aftermarket Sway.
2pts - Non-Stock rear coilovers with adjustable perches and shocks.
2pts - Non-Stock tire sizes (210-225)
4pts - Conversion from stock injection to Carbs
5pts - Non-stock camshaft (web 494)
1pts - Non-stock distributor
6pts - Non-stock Gears (if he uses the wonder trans)

Total Points: 22

Ending Class: AI with wondertrans, CP without wondertrans.
Joe Bob
Hmmm, Big Bear run in the AM....AX at night......
SLITS
QUOTE(mikez @ Jun 11 2006, 08:46 AM) *

Hmmm, Big Bear run in the AM....AX at night......

Bring a flashlight so you can see my ass! bootyshake.gif
Joe Bob
I'll bring a wide beam search light FATBOY....
Brando
If anyone wants help classifying their car, please post up what modifications you have done and I will reply as promptly as I can. I would very much like to see many of my friends and fellow clubbers attend this event. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
straight to CP for me....

if i have the other tranny i go to A Mod?
Brando
Aaron, that is correct.

I get to stay in AS/S. Front sway and stock tire width only gives me 2 points tongue.gif
Brad Roberts
Brando,

Are there hotels close by? I was thinking of staying with my dad, but I may have *company* with me.

OH>>>>>>> SOUND <<<<<<<<

What are the sound requirements?

B
SLITS
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 13 2006, 10:07 AM) *

Brando,

Are there hotels close by? I was thinking of staying with my dad, but I may have *company* with me.

OH>>>>>>> SOUND <<<<<<<<

What are the sound requirements?

B

Anything louder than an Oozie will be dealt with harshly. The local gangs get pissed when they can't hear their weapons firing.

All sort of hotels on Hospitality Lane (I-10 and Waterman Ave).
Brad Roberts
I called JIM..

NO SOUND.. Run what ya brung!!!!

B
MattR
I'll try to make it. My brother is graduating, so I will be late, but hopefully i can catch the last half and help thomas make fun of the watercooled cars.
kdfoust
I'm in. I'm bringing the "Urinator" This will be it's first time driven in anger after the conversion. Maybe I'll bleed the brakes and bolt the dash down before hand...

Later,
Kevin
So.Cal.914
What time does it open for spectators?
Howard
//Whine on

So if we get off the Pelican run around 1, has the entertainment chairman provided for activities between then and 6pm? Will there be goodie bags? Shirts or hats? Door prizes?
At least we finally know what the track fees are dead horse.gif

SLITS
QUOTE(Howard @ Jun 14 2006, 08:56 AM) *

//Whine on

So if we get off the Pelican run around 1, has the entertainment chairman provided for activities between then and 6pm? Will there be goodie bags? Shirts or hats? Door prizes?
At least we finally know what the track fees are dead horse.gif

You and Rosie Palm can thoroughly enjoy yourselves.....no goodie bags, shirts or hats however, we will have a supply of super-absorbent shop towels available (hint...you don't have to use your socks anymore). jerkit.gif

Wrong Buffalo breath, track fees are doubled for senile 996 drivers.
Howard
Thanks for posting, Ron, now I know you're entertainment chairman. Will you be coming on the run or should we all just stop at your still in the Okie Alps? What time? Should we bring anything? chowtime.gif

My car will be dirty by the time I get there, and I hate to use the car wash. Will you give me a hand job?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Brando @ Jun 11 2006, 08:40 AM) *

Alright, UPDATE! I have the Zone 8 Rules and Calssification Guidelines. Most of you with 914s will run in A or C class 914-6s in H class, unless you've done an engine swap. If you don't know how many points you have (from modifications) you run in X Class. You can download the rules booklet here.

For example, let's use Aaron's Car:

Base Class: CS/S
2pts - Tarret Front Aftermarket Sway.
2pts - Non-Stock rear coilovers with adjustable perches and shocks.
2pts - Non-Stock tire sizes (210-225)
4pts - Conversion from stock injection to Carbs
5pts - Non-stock camshaft (web 494)
1pts - Non-stock distributor
6pts - Non-stock Gears (if he uses the wonder trans)

Total Points: 22

Ending Class: AI with wondertrans, CP without wondertrans.

vhy shank you shir..... i think you missed a point somewhere LOL

SLITS
Yaaaazzzzsir, I be having Daisy Mae give you the hand job....as I sits and sucks on mudder nature's own.....Ya'll need ta bring a chew or two....granny is done otta tabaccy.
Brando
lol2.gif @ SLITS and Howard

Howie, with all that money to afford a 996 you could obviously afford to host some interim event for us laugh.gif

Actually, if you all want to come back to my place for some BBQ before the AX event I'm sure it would be cool. Just be sure to bring meat!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.