Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone's Car at Glendale 1 Day Paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
So I call them up to inquire about paint and prep, and he tells me he just shot a 914 in Orient Red.
I am going to go by just to see it.
Anyone here??
KaptKaos
Make sure you take pix and post costs. I need paint too =(
7TPorsh
Went to the shop to find out the owners just towed it out; was pretty stripped. Looked around the shop; busy and somewhat clean-big booth and oven.
Paint jobs are around $320, $480 and $1400 for a 2 stage. They charge $40 an hour for any prep. Sounded like he was willing to be reasonable.

So looks like I have more block sanding yet to do-but looks like they will get the business.
Brando
2-stage? Primer and Paint? Or Paint and Clear?

$320 is a steal for a good paintjob if all the bodywork and prep is done beforehand... idea.gif
Joe Bob
That's DIRT cheap. Let's hope that's a labor charge. MY replica paint jog ran me 1200 in labor and 800 in paint.....THAT is dirt cheap....I did all the stripping.
7TPorsh
Single stage DuPont Urethane, any color-$489; includes basic scuffing, sealer, and 3 coats. Any extra prep is $40 and hour.
bottomend
Waiting to watch....
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(mikez @ Jun 15 2006, 11:11 AM) *

That's DIRT cheap. Let's hope that's a labor charge. MY replica paint jog ran me 1200 in labor and 800 in paint.....THAT is dirt cheap....I did all the stripping.

Musta taken a LOT of stripping for you to raise enough cash for a paint job ...........
The Cap'n
ematulac
LOL
morph
WOW those are great prices.
james
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.