Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 72 1.7 for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markb
Sorry not to list this in the classifieds, but this seems to work better.

I’ve finally gotten tired of sinking money into a car I’m not planning to keep.
My loss is your gain. I have a 72 914, 1.7 for sale.

The good: I bought it in 1999 for $3600. I’m asking $3600. Things I’ve done since I’ve owned it:

The good:

Rebuilt top end (found out the PO installed hydraulic lifters).
Turbo tie rods
Koni adjustables front & rear
New alt
New starter
New windshield

The bad:

Tailshifter
Some rust below the battery (gone thru) battery tray still solid
Rust starting around passenger side cowling in front of the windshield.
Minor rust around the jack points
Cosmetically challenged (looks good from a distance, has chips/cracks from too many
( 3) layers of paint).
Interior could use some work (useable, but needs reupholstering to be really good)

I would have no problems driving this car from one coast to the other. Mechanically solid. Great car to start with if you’re planning on a project of any sort, or just want a good runner.

I need to start putting my time/energy/money into something I’m going to keep.Grab it quick, I may sober up I bought this as something to drive while I restored Dads Car, & I’m starting to put off working on Dads to fix this one.

Grab it quick, or I might sober up & change my mind!
markb
OK, sobererer now. :^) My harddrive on the computer took a dump, so I don't have pictures at the moment. I'll try & post from Marcie's computer this evening if I find some pics. There are a couple on my website members.rennlist.markbs914s (I think. Something like that, anyway)This Is a CA car, I'm supposedly the 3rd owner. It's been painted twice. Originally yellow, red painted over that, and blue over that. They didn't paint the trunks, just half a$$ed primer there. 1.7 with hydralic lifters & stock FI, tailshifter trans, stock brakes in good shape. Updated front suspension from a 75. Adjustable Konis. Mahles with fairly new rubber. New battery (not an optima, unfortunately). All the rust is fairly minor at this point, I just don't want to deal with it anymore. I need to concentrate on rebuilding the other car. I've been driving this car almost daily for at least the last year, and as I said last night, I wouldn't hesitate to drive this car anywhere. It's solid and strong(well, as strong as a 1.7 gets). It's a fun car (as they all are). If you have questions, feel free to email me, or call me 805 481-3329 (home). Thanks, Mark
Queenie
I have a friend who is the perfect candidate for this car but I don't know if he's truly in the market. I'll let him know about it, though.
EdwardBlume
I have someone up here who's in the 2500 range. Its worth a look. Can you PM me some picts? GO AG!
markb
Still workin' on getting the computer runnig well. I'll send as soon as I can. Thanks, Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.