Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accusump- Where have you fed the oil into on a 4 cyl?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
sww914
I am installing a new accusump in my 4 cyl powered 914 track car, My old Accusump was plumbed into the hole on the top of the case that the oil pressure sender threads into. It seems to have worked fine so far, but if anyone has a better idea, I would love to hear it.
BTW, my old Accusump blew an end off at the track, the problem was a damaged pressure relief valve that didn't relieve.
I heard a loud POP! and I was immediately going backwards/forwards/backwards/forwards as a result of 2 quarts of mobil 1 all over both rear tires as I accelerated past the apex of a corner.
Very exciting, but it made a hell of a mess on the track.
URY914
I dont have and Accusump but this shows how my oil runs off to the remote filter. Maybe this will give you an idea.
brant
We ran an accusump on about 4 race motors in the past.
its not rocket science.
we had a non thermostat oil filter adapter with AN-12 in/out.

just plumbed the accusump on the return side of the front cooler and let it help push oil back into the motor from ahead.

We ran a seperate 15psi sender up front and hooked it to a 2ndary warning light so you could always tell if you forgot to open the valve.
amazing how much difference it made.

I blew that pressure relief valve too one cold morning at heartland park.
glad I only blew the valve and not the tank.
still had 2 qts or more in the floor of my front trunk though

brant
Aaron Cox
do you need a one way valve for that?
groot
I have used both the oil cooler take-off and the oil filter take-off. The oil cooler take-off makes running the lines very difficult, but it can be done. The oil filter take-off is the simplest method. There are many oil filter relocation kits that allow you to plumb in your filter and accusump.

BTW... Welcome aboard. Where do you race and what sanctioning body?
brant
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 10 2006, 01:55 PM) *

do you need a one way valve for that?

I don't think we did Aaron..
would have to ask dad to double check if you want.

brant
sww914
Thanks for the welcome.
I race with the POC & PCA, Mostly at Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, & Laguna Seca, they are the closest tracks to me.
I made it to Willow Springs last Fri. in my WRX in exactly 3 hours, It's 221 miles.
My dad took a picture of my speedo at 130 for his hot rod blog.
No ticket this time.
Matt Romanowski
On a little bit of a tanget,

How much oil do people run with an Accusump. I've been figuring it out by closing the valve to Accusump with the motor at ~40 pounds of pressure and then checking the case. This seems to give me a pretty good level.

Matt
sww914
It's hard to say, my car holds 9 1/2 quarts with a front oil cooler, deep sump, no engine oil cooler, rear oil cooler, and a 2 quart accusump.
When I change the oil, I like to unbolt both oil coolers and lift them up so they'll drain into the sump, but I only get 8 1/2 back out of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.