Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to add a trans oil cooler?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dekman
Need help. Has anyone done this? How to? Parts needed? Photo's? My trans already has the fittings...... screwy.gif
john rogers
Do a search either here or on the Pelican site and I have some writeup and picts of how I did mine. There are two ways, one is to put together all the parts, pump, hoses, filter, cooler, etc or the second is like I did and buy a complete setup from Jim Patrick in Phoenix. Several things to note: only use Earle's braided hose and AN fittings, switch the pump so it won't burn out from cold trans fluid and the trans has to come apart so you can drill/tap the fitting hole over the R&P. Good luck.
wbergtho
Get a Tilton differential cooler pump (Pegasus Racing in WI)), AN fittings, braided line, an oil filter, a switch, and last but not least...a VDO transmission oil temp guage (so you know when to flip the switch on/off). You can get fancy and have sprayer bars installed w/in the trans (expensive) or you can drill & tap two holes...one over the R & P and one in the bottom of the case or the sidecover. Do a search and see what other people have done and look at a finished set up to get a picture of how everything goes together. Typically, the oil line coming out of the bottom of trans will go into the pump then to the cooler then to the filter then to the trans R & P/ and or gears.

Good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.