Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacramento Area Lunch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschecb
Its that time again. My place works for bbq or maybe a pic-nik at a park? chowtime.gif jsharp.gif

Chime in!
porschecb
icon_bump.gif
Tobra
Say a day, I won't schedule housecalls

I will make ribs, better yet have the wife do it, and make beans too...

North Bay 914
Come have lunch at the Zone 7 Concour at Nielo PORSCHE, Mike Ambrozewicz and I are cooking. I think the lunch is $7.00 Sunday the 18th. The shop will be full of 356 types.
porschecb
I was planing to be there. But I am talking about a 914 lunch! get it! jsharp.gif chatsmiley.gif
eg914
I'd like to have lunch again. I had fun last time. Pick a day and I'll see if the activity director has anything scheduled.

I promise to park facing the same direction as everyone else this time smile.gif
ConeDodger
I agree with Martin. I mean lets face it. Where has the motor been in every significant factory race car from Porsche? What's that??? That's right! In the middle. So lets all go to Niello and make it into a 914 BBQ and act superior because most of their motors are in the wrong place!

Actually Michael most of us are commited to the Niello thing this next weekend. It would be fun to get together though. And Wanda will cook. Right Wanda??? jsharp.gif

Rob
Toast
I may be able to stop by if it the Saturday after the WWC.
chowtime.gif
North Bay 914
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 10 2006, 11:02 PM) *

I was planing to be there. But I am talking about a 914 lunch! get it! jsharp.gif chatsmiley.gif

OH I get it...I get it very well. How about one at the AX...where all the real enthusiast hang out!
North Bay 914
Porsche Club of America
Sacramento Valley Region Presents
Autocross @ Sears Point
Friday, July 21st , 2006
In the Paddock at Infineon Raceway
Sears Point, Sonoma, CA
Morning check-in and tech from 7:30 A.M. to 8:30 A.M.
Late check-in and tech from 11:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
First car out at 9 A.M. ยท No open exhaust.
Fee: $35 per driver.

Maximum 50 drivers.
Register now and reserve your space

General Information
SVR has invited ESCA and the BMW Club out to run with us again.
A Snell 95 (or later) S or MA rated helment is required. There are a few loaner helmets available.
All event participants and spectators must sign the liability release during check-in.
In-car instruction is available subject to instructor availability.
By registering, you agree to work your assigned work group and position.
By registering, you agree to run with your assigned car number. Zone 7 Car Numbers will be used for those who have them assigned.
No passengers are permitted on course unless one of the occupants of the car is an approved instructor!
Event course, safety, and operations compliant with PCA Zone 7 Autocross Rules

Site Location
In the Paddock of Infineon Raceway
Sears Point, Sonoma, CA
From Highway 101

Follow Highway 101 to Highway 37 East
Follow 37 East to the intersection of Highway 121
Turn left at the stop light onto Highway 121
Infineon Raceway is ahead on the left at the first gate

From Highway 80:
Follow Highway 80 to Highway 37 West
Follow 37 West to the intersection of Highway 121
Turn right at the stop light onto Highway 121
Infineon Raceway is ahead on the left at the first gate

Google Maps Link

Questions? Contact Matt Deter, porsche@deter.com or phone (916) 630-8924

porschecb
Lets do this. Lets all go to Niello as I am sure everybody was going to do anyway, then on june the 24th or any sat. that is open for all we have a bbq at my house. That way we could have 2 events in 1 month unless 2 weekends in a row are to close to each other we can pick another sat. that is better for everyone. No wait! We have the bbq on sat. the 17th at my house have a sleep over watch Le Mans and go to Niello the next day after I make everybody a real big breakfast. So here is the deal. Since I wear the PANTS in my family any sat. is good for me you let me know what works for you and were on. Oh! Rob. Wanda does not know how to cook besides she will be to busy cleaning the house doing laundry washing the dishes and dusting off my garage queen. clap56.gif
Tobra
Isn't next Sunday Father's Day? I will have to check my schedule, sleepover out of the question. You do not want to see the wife early in the morning, or more accurately, you do not want the wife to see you and think you woke her up. Niello eh? Better leave the credit card at home, though I don't suppose they will have the parts department open anyway.

So what do you say, ribs, or maybe whole roasted chicken, just got a bottle of Cajun Injector Juice I need to try out.
porschecb
icon_bump.gif
Tobra
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 11 2006, 09:16 AM) *

Lets do this. Lets all go to Niello as I am sure everybody was going to do anyway, then on june the 24th or any sat. that is open for all we have a bbq at my house...

sounds good to me, I like the idea of linking it up with the WCC thing too, there will be a lot of folks running from Portland to SoCal
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 10 2006, 10:29 AM) *

Its that time again. My place works for bbq or maybe a pic-nik at a park? chowtime.gif jsharp.gif

Chime in!

jsharp.gif
How about this Saturday? It is the day before fathers day. Niello is the next day. Wanda can cook... By the way, I will be officially putting the Boxster up for sale soon. You know you want it Wanda!!!
You all were going to eat both days anyway right?

Rob
Tobra
Where we at on this? What time is the Sunday deal in Roseville, and are we going to grill out on the 17th, 24th or some time down the road. Need a few days lead time on the ribs
porschecb
This Sat. is not good for me to much yard work to do with Niello on Sun. How about the 24th?
porschecb
QUOTE(Tobra @ Jun 15 2006, 12:28 PM) *

Where we at on this? What time is the Sunday deal in Roseville, and are we going to grill out on the 17th, 24th or some time down the road. Need a few days lead time on the ribs

Reg. is 8:00 judging starts @ 10:00 I am thinking to get there about 11:00. Want to Caravan?
porschecb
icon_bump.gif
eg914
I plan on going to Niello Sunday, so lunch Sat. is a no go for me. Maybe another weekend?

Andyrew
American graffiti this weekend... (come down and look at 1000+ hot rods and classics!!!)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 15 2006, 12:46 PM) *

This Sat. is not good for me to much yard work to do with Niello on Sun. How about the 24th?

Michael,

Let's do the 24th... I have not checked the calender but I am pretty sure that it will work for me... I would bet that Martin can't do it but that is just because he spends all week at my house and he has to get things done at home on his weekend and see Allison... He might though..
Oh, and Michael, I heard that tone of shock in your voice when I said it was running. Of course it runs, just because it is a 914 doesn't mean it will not run. (I keep some tools in the trunk) rolleyes.gif
porschecb
The 24th it is! and are you driving the 914 to Niello?
porschecb
chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif
porschecb
icon_bump.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 17 2006, 08:52 AM) *

icon_bump.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif jsharp.gif

Michael,
I am driving the 914 to Niello. Mostly because I would have to turn in my autocross guy license if I trailered a car to a concours. alfred.gif But also because I wouldn't be caught dead actually "being" a concour kind of guy.
porschecb
What time are you going? Maybe with enough cars we could do a 914 caravan. driving.gif
chilli
beerchug.gif I am off to Niello on Sunday Morning, Go take a look and have lunch. Bringing the Box.

mike
Tobra
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 17 2006, 09:18 AM) *

What time are you going? Maybe with enough cars we could do a 914 caravan. driving.gif

I was figuring on going early, because it is gonna be a scorcher blowup.gif

probably leave my house about 0930, though I could meet you at your place or wherever you get on the freeway, or at that Hagen's/formerly Merlino's place on Walnut if they are open. Could hit a donut place or whatever. I'll be in a black ballcap and a white shirt if we don't caravan. We could drive out Winding Way to Hazel or something, I am just spitballin' here

Got all the cars running good. New starter, coil and electronic ignition on the bug, timed both cars while I had a tach and and assistant to do the 914, running and shifting pretty good, discovered it goes into first at a standstill with no crunch if I blip the throttle, what does that mean? Everything working pretty good on the car. Glad the horn works and is loud.
porschecb
Meet @ a my house 9:30 and were on!
Tobra
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 17 2006, 11:02 PM) *

Meet @ a my house 9:30 and were on!

be there or be square agree.gif
Tobra
Sorry I bailed abruptly, some pics.

Michael, Martin and Robby look on and wait for seat time as the cute blonde driver gets some pointers at the wheel of a sweet 914-6
Tobra
Click to view attachment

here is what an expensive off road excursion can do to a wheel, and a LCA. There was dirt up in the under carriage, and the other front wheel did not look too good either
Tobra
Click to view attachment

Sweet '73 RSR,

Click to view attachment

and of course a nice black speedster
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tobra @ Jun 19 2006, 07:37 AM) *

Sorry I bailed abruptly, some pics.

Michael, Martin and Robby look on and wait for seat time as the cute blonde driver gets some pointers at the wheel of a sweet 914-6

I didn't take a single pic so I appreciate that Toby did...

Just a few notes to add to the disscussion though. This flared 914-6 with the little blond guy taking a turn at the wheel is a conversion done with a complete wrecked original 914-6 sitting at its side. The only thing from the original six that didn't make the trip over to the new tub was the VIN. It is a beautiful car. John Webster did an amazing job with this car...
He was even shocked when I called him to tell him he won his class!

I took second in my class beating out a long time concours guy... I was amazed, his girlfriend was a little pissed! I got ten bonus points for autocrossing the car this year. He would have beaten me by probably 5 points if not for the bonus. His car was nearly perfect. If I know Kim he will be autocrossing the car soon.

Rob
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tobra @ Jun 19 2006, 07:42 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Sweet '73 RSR,

Click to view attachment

and of course a nice black speedster

Toby,
Did you take pics of my car and the 914 that was sitting next to John's white car?
Tobra
Sorry, no

I sort of figured someone else would be taking some pics, I got lots of crappy pics of really nice 356's that were parked inside though
porschecb
Hey! Are we still on? I know it will be 106 on Sat. We can still do it at my house (yes I have AC) or we can go to Plam Street and stay cool. Let me know your thoughts. I am not buying again if we go to Palm Street. But I will belly up for baby back ribs and sides at my place you just bring the some drinks. We can hang with the heat as long as need be then move inside. Let me know. beerchug.gif jsharp.gif confused24.gif grouphug.gif
Tobra
Heat don't bother me none. Too late for me to make ribs for tommorrow though. I can do either
porschecb
I need to know who for sure is going to make it. Anybody new? I am @ 2522 Lillian Ln. Carmichael 95608. jsharp.gif beerchug.gif
porschecb
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 23 2006, 03:06 PM) *

I need to know who for sure is going to make it. Anybody new? I am @ 2522 Lillian Ln. Carmichael 95608. jsharp.gif beerchug.gif

What time Michael?

Rob
porschecb
?.............. I dont know. How about 1:00 ish.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 24 2006, 09:08 AM) *

?.............. I dont know. How about 1:00 ish.

Fine damn it! I will be there at 1pm...

Teeners in the driveway? Others on the street? Wanda in the kitchen? Michael on the jsharp.gif

See you at 1pm...
eg914
Wish I could have made it, but I spent the day in the ever increasingly hot garage rebuilding the (non-existant) brakes in my son's '73 bug. Waiting til moring to bleed them. sad.gif
porschecb
Bill: Sorry you missed this HUGE event we had 27 cars 39 people and I bbq 32 racks of baby back ribs! This has to be one of Sacramento's biggest events!!! Parking was handled by the Sac. Co. Sheriff Dept. With help by CHP (the problem you have living on dead end street) A good time was had by all! ( A special thanks to Rob & John for all your support with out you guys this could not have come true!!!!!!!!! You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 24 2006, 05:53 PM) *

Bill: Sorry you missed this HUGE event we had 27 cars 39 people and I bbq 32 racks of baby back ribs! This has to be one of Sacramento's biggest events!!! Parking was handled by the Sac. Co. Sheriff Dept. With help by CHP (the problem you have living on dead end street) A good time was had by all! ( A special thanks to Rob & John for all your support with out you guys this could not have come true!!!!!!!!! You guys rock!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael

Michael,
I just tried to help out. I hope Wanda is not too pissed about the girls from Gold Club Centerfolds dropping by. I honestly didn't think they would actually show up.
Your neighbor didn't seem to mind. I don't think he ever took his eyes off of Kelli, the one with the large aftermarket bumpers... Thank him for letting me park on his grass will you?
Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.