Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat blower controls
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zimms
I am looking for advice on how to get the heater controls out of the dash. most of the venting ductwork is out, gas tank is out, radio is out, and the dashpad would be off if my hands weren't so big. I have been looking at this from under the dash, and don't see where it is attached. Any help is much appreciated!

Mark
SirAndy
QUOTE(Zimms @ Jun 10 2006, 11:46 AM) *

I am looking for advice on how to get the heater controls out of the dash. most of the venting ductwork is out, gas tank is out, radio is out, and the dashpad would be off if my hands weren't so big. I have been looking at this from under the dash, and don't see where it is attached. Any help is much appreciated!

Mark

10mm bolt (hey cap'n bye1.gif ) to the front firewall, 3 heatercables attached with 8mm (i believe) bolts, two wires for the lightbulbs, groundwire to the front firewall, 3 wires for the different fan speeds.

once all that is disconnected, the controls slide right out ...
smile.gif Andy

PS: mark the heatercables! they're different length and it's much easier to put them all back together if you remember which one went on which lever ...
Zimms
Thanks Andy. I didn't see the 10mm bolt from where I was squeezed into.

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.