Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Low Mile '76 on the bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
76 28,000 mile car on ebay

$8k right now, reserve not met.
Chris H.
I know that car and it is absolutely stunning. That is the car Tod914 got yanked around on a while back.

Chris H.
jnp914
And what do you think the chances are for further yanking, since the seller has zero feedback?
Chris H.
I couldn't tell you, I wasn't involved in the deal at all. I think the owner backed out on the sale last-minute. I would recommend contacting Tod914. Maybe he will chime in...

I will tell you that this is the nicest 914 I have ever seen in person. It's like a new car. I have not seen it for a year, but if it still has 28K on it I'm sure it's in the same condition. If he is selling it on e-bay I would imagine he's pretty serious about selling it. I really hope someone from the board gets it. I will be happy to drive it down to you in St. Louis! happy11.gif No charge!

Chris H.
Mueller
is this an original California car? I think I saw it at a Partheaven swapmeet 3 or 4 years ago.
Chris H.
I have totally hijacked this thread...sorry Sean.

I don't think it's from CA, but let me check with our old friend Bob D. He did the original PPI on the car a while back. I think it was a local Chicago area car, but I can't be sure.

It will be interesting to see what it goes for. I wish I could buy it myself. I would be willing to drive to Batavia and check it out this weekend if someone is REALLY serious... It's like 30 minutes for me. I'd imagine it is in the same pristine condition it was last time I saw it. In fact, check the link below, page 16-18 in the local PCA mag.

The Car

Page 17 bottom left is a pic of my backside standing next to my car laugh.gif (in the parking lot NOT the Concours event).

edit: Disclaimer- I do not know the owner personally nor do I have any "interest" in this car.
seanery
I hijack everyone else's thread, so it's really no big deal!
tod914
Yup thats the one. I sent the owner an email after I seen this post. Still quite bitter over the whole way that deal was done.
Aaron Cox
i thought all 76's had consoles?
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 2 2003, 06:50 PM)
i thought all 76's had consoles?

I thought so too...Bowlsby?.....DD? huh.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(tod914 @ Oct 2 2003, 06:46 PM)
Yup thats the one.  I sent the owner an email after I seen this post.  Still quite bitter over the whole way that deal was done.

I don't blame you. It's all coming back to me now... you bought a plane ticket and everything... that's just BS!
tod914
You got it Chris. Next time you see Bob, he can fill you in on all the aggrivation I went through over that car. Tell him hello from me and that I hope he is doing well. I miss not seeing him on the boards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.