Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! 914 Stolen! from Sacramento, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ict1
Hi all,
Bad news! My 914 was stolen off my driveway last night! It was in Sacramento, California.

Gun-Metal Gray, 73 body style, 1.8 Ltr. motor, original off-white interior, Momo Shuttle steering wheel, and a Alpine/Soundstream/Boston Acoustics audio system, custom dual rectangular fog/driving lights in stock location with grills.

License # 2FZS953. Last five of Vin = 06347.

Please contact Sacramento PD with any leads: 916-264-5471 and post a reply to this thread for me.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
nomore9one4
That is terrible news. I am always amazed that one is able to steal(shift) a 914 confused24.gif Mine atleast are always on jackstands dry.gif I hope it shows up unharmed.
porschecb
Sorry to hear about your loss!!!! That really sucks and I will be looking for sure! mad.gif And guess what? My car is the same color as yours and I was going driving today & tomorrow? I hope it comes back to you for sure. Where in Sac. do you live (area)?
BMXerror
I don't know why anyone would steal a 914. There's no need for black market parts for them, and they're not particularly fast, ussually. It's not like you'd get much out of a joy ride. Unless they look at the Porsche logo and their third grade education equates it with "rocketcar". That PISSES ME OFF. ar15.gif
Well, I'm about 600 miles south and haven't seen a teener in my area in over a year, but I'll keep an eye out just the same. Meanwhile I'm trying to think of good theft protection for mine once I get it running. So for your loss buddy. Hope you get a chance to beat those responsible severly with a Tierod!
Mark D.
ict1
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 10 2006, 02:08 PM) *

Where in Sac. do you live (area)?

In the Land Park / Greenhaven area...
scotty b
Seems like a bit of a trend out there as of late sad.gif Keeping my fingers crossed for ya
Mueller
keep an eye on craigslist, the samba and ebay for parts being sold....not to be stereotypical, but I see a 914 being stolen by a VW Bug person before a 914 person
porschecb
icon_bump.gif
elwood-914
Sorry to hear about your loss. We'll keep an eye out. mad.gif
olav

What the heck is going on? Are these cars easy to steal?
jimtab
Compared to new cars....yes
Dr. Roger
theives know that an "easy-out" will pop that ignition in a quick second. so steering is free and hot wiring is easy too.

this reminds me.... does anyone know where you can get one of those gear shifter locks???
so you can shift your baby in first or reverse and then lock it in gear????
So.Cal.914
That's fuched up. All it takes is one 914 owner with a POS rust bucket and some

shady friends. So sorry for your loss, if you trained it right it will come home

after it bones the 911 down the street.
Toast
WTF.gif

I'll keep an eye out for ya, and I'll have my friends in Sac. do the same.

Maybe the So. Cal. caravan to the WWC can recover it for ya.

Sorry man.
sad.gif
Allan
That really sucks.

I'll keep my eyes open here in the south valley just in case they head this way...
Tobra
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Jun 10 2006, 10:37 PM) *

theives know that an "easy-out" will pop that ignition in a quick second. so steering is free and hot wiring is easy too.

this reminds me.... does anyone know where you can get one of those gear shifter locks???
so you can shift your baby in first or reverse and then lock it in gear????

I think I saw those at wolfsburg west. Have not seen a 914 driving around for a while. Probably cutting it up to make a type IV bug with a 5 speed, or get those cool wheels

Wolfsburg West

booyah
dinomium
that sux! I hope you have some luck. My wife had her Saab 900turbo pinched, the cops called us a ask if we wanted to pick it up. We did, it was full of shoplifting booty and a compound hunting bow! blink.gif

mad.gif I have no use for petty thieves.
porschecb
Any news on your car? I still drive my grey 914 but am waiting to be pulled over at any time thinking its yours. Stay in touch.
ict1
QUOTE(porschecb @ Jun 17 2006, 04:16 PM) *

Any news on your car? I still drive my grey 914 but am waiting to be pulled over at any time thinking its yours. Stay in touch.

No word on the car, yet. It's been a week, now. I'm starting to think that I may not be getting it back. I'm still crossing my fingers, though.
Thanks. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.