Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running like crap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chilling in vt
My brother has a 76 2.0 that has just developed a heavy missfire. The car starts up fine and idles great. When he gives it throttle, it seems to load up and missfires. THe car is down on power to th e point that going up hills is very slow The car was running great up until this morning. We have checked the coil and have checked for other loose connections but have found nothing. We are new to these cars (my experience is with 911's). Anything we should start looking for? Thanks.
Joe
chilling in vt
QUOTE(chilling in vt @ Jun 10 2006, 03:59 PM) *

My brother has a 76 2.0 that has just developed a heavy missfire. The car starts up fine and idles great. When he gives it throttle, it seems to load up and missfires. THe car is down on power to th e point that going up hills is very slow The car was running great up until this morning. We have checked the coil and have checked for other loose connections but have found nothing. We are new to these cars (my experience is with 911's). Anything we should start looking for? Thanks.
Joe

OK. We have disconnected an 8 wire plug going into a small box/relay with Bosch 039 905 351 on it. The car runs strong. I have searched the Pelican site and found this thing to be a lambda control unit. What does it do and is ther any harm running with it disconnected?
chilling in vt
QUOTE(chilling in vt @ Jun 10 2006, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(chilling in vt @ Jun 10 2006, 03:59 PM) *

Joe

OK. We have disconnected an 8 wire plug going into a small box/relay with Bosch 039 905 351 on it. The car runs strong. I have searched the Pelican site and found this thing to be a lambda control unit. What does it do and is ther any harm running with it disconnected?

Anyone?
MecGen
Hey

I realy couldn't say for sure the long term results...never worked on a 76. Maybe just the Lamda senser is bad?
I can't see it causing you greif if its unpluged and runs better, your milage might suffer tho.
Good for a
icon_bump.gif

Later

beerchug.gif
JoeSharp
Joe: Whats a Lamb thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif da control?
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
chilling in vt
Here is the post I have on PP. http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....721#post2638721
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.