Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clear turn signal lenses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plymouth37
I have been trying to find the clear front turn signal lenses and have really run out of options. every one seems to know all about them, but it looks like they have been discontinued. tried AA, 'couple other places but can't find 'em. anybody know where I can find a pair? also has anybody seen or know about clear rear lenses? thanks!
Joe Bob
Couple of guys used to advertise in the resource section.....

You can also try Dave at GPR.....
800-321-5432 ext 502
So.Cal.914
Ebay.
Rand
I also remember people saying you can bleach the amber ones to clear with Pinesol.

Someone witth experience please comment on that, because I may have some snakeoil that can reverse the process. You know what I mean... Is that for real?

greg.treadway
I have the clear side marker lenses in stock if that helps. There is a guy on Ebay that sells the front turn lens, they look kind of smokey to me - I think he uses the Pine Sol treatment to remove the color.
jasons
QUOTE(greg.treadway @ Jun 11 2006, 12:44 AM) *

I have the clear side marker lenses in stock if that helps. There is a guy on Ebay that sells the front turn lens, they look kind of smokey to me - I think he uses the Pine Sol treatment to remove the color.

I think that Pinesol only works on the euro versions, not the all amber US versions. I think the US ones are made amber, and the euro ones are made clear and the amber is added on somehow.

Are the Italian lens' NLA? You sold me a set when you were still at AA.
WRX914
Dana,

Call Wayde, He could possibly make them for you...

TonyAKAVW
A new source of clear lenses will be coming soon. I'll try to get status today on how the die is coming along.

-Tony
mrdezyne
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Jun 12 2006, 08:27 AM) *

A new source of clear lenses will be coming soon. I'll try to get status today on how the die is coming along.

-Tony

Tony,
Would these have the texture on the underside like stock or is there a chance of getting some without texture? I would like to find some crystal clear lenses. If your connection shoots a number of test parts, I'd be interested in getting a few to play with... Thanks.

Curt
TonyAKAVW
No 'lensing' features as in the original lenses. They will have a bead blasted internal surface, but will also be available crystal clear.

-Tony
ein 6er
are the clear lenses the same as the italian lens?
the italian lenses are available from porsche.
http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesands...neweditions914/
Cap'n Krusty
How rice .......................... The Cap'n
TonyAKAVW
Oh, and for extra riceness, these new lenses can be made in any color.

-Tony
DonTraver
I was checking porsche.com last night. Under classics they showed that the clear lens were available from Porsche again. Check it out.

Don
startsw/p
I have a set I'll sell you, make me an offer. Brand new Italian lenses. I'm going to use the Euro ones. Send me a PM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.