Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pertronix ignitions. Why did I wait so long?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
I just finsihed installing and running Bebe with her new ignition trigger installed.

She had a Mallory dual point system which was fine but everyone here says to switch over to Pertronix or better.... Instructions say to remove the dual point system and install the magnetic trigger, sensor, and new rotor in place of the stock parts. Pertronix triggers are so cheap I had to try it and WOW. She runs noticably smoother even with the long duration cam.

I give Pertronix a 2 thumbs up! beerchug.gif burnout.gif clap56.gif
So.Cal.914
Yah, to cool. Cold starts are a breeze.
Joe Bob
Carry a spare PAIR of points.....they like to shut down five minutes after the warranty expires.....

I'm an optical Crane Allison Fan....

But...hey glad it works for you. Are they getting better on the instructions? So MANY people hook them up assbackwards and let the smoke out......
Trekkor
18 months of trouble free service over here.

KT
Mark Henry
I've put them (or sold them) in a lot of people’s cars (bugs and busses mostly) and have seen many fail. I always give them a doggy bag with their old points, etc. and tell them to never leave home without it.
I tell them up front "no warrantee at all", period and If they want to chase the manufaturer they're on their own and I’ll charge them again for labour.

I've never put a set in my own cars, to me a set of $3 points that last at least 30K, take 5min to replace and never fail it's not worth the hassle.

But soon all my cars will be crankfire anyways...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.