Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: windshield wipers and horn not working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kheebl
my windshield wipers and horn stoped working, and they both used to work, but does anyone know what fuse it is for those 2 things? i have a 75 with 1.8L if that matters?

Kyle
SLITS
#8.....16 amp
kheebl
do you have a picture of where #8 is located at?

Kyle
Allan
Start at the left and count 8 fuses over.
kheebl
top left or bottom left? also do i go across or up and down?

Kyle
SLITS
I assume you don't have a Haynes Manual or the plastic fuse cover with the little pictures so......

Fuses
Rand
QUOTE(kheebl @ Jun 11 2006, 10:00 AM) *

top left or bottom left? also do i go across or up and down?

Kyle

There's only a single row of fuses. Number 1 is nearest the driver's door when the panel is installed. Follow Headrage's instructions.
kheebl
ok thanks for the help. is there a way you could list all the fuse amp ratings for 1-8, i am gonna replace every fuse with new ones since i got a bunch and the ones in there now are all factory.

Kyle
Rand
1-7 are 8A
brp914
in case these are separate problems, there is a relay for the wipers. its mounted on top of the fuse panel and is the same type as the ones on the regulator plate. I had this thing go south on me before.
kheebl
is this a special relay that i have to order through porsche? or can i go to a checker or napa and they have it tn stock?

Kyle
brp914
I get 'em down the road at performance products. I've never tried getting 914 parts at a generic "flaps". maybe they could order them - dunno.
kheebl
ok i got the wipers working, but i just looked and there is 12 fuses, and not 8. where can i get a list of fuses 1-12 for their amp ratings?

Kyle
Rand
blink.gif Yep, there is 12. Unless you count the relay board as 13.

Ok, here's my reference:
Fuse Chart
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.