Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks from a newbie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hi4head
I'm new to this site and just want to thank all of you experts out there for sharing your wisdom. I'm trying to get my '73 2.0 back on the road after having it garaged for 8+ years. We got the engine reinstalled yesterday afternoon. My friend went to make the electrical connections to the fuel pump and we didn't know which wire went to positive or negative. Well -- a quick search uncovered the answer in no time (thanks Dave Darling). I now know that the brown wire goes to negative.

If anyone makes it this far in the message I do have a question. I replaced the push rod tube seals with the Viton seals from Pelican. The larger OD seals fit snugly on the tube. However, the smaller OD seals seemed to have a little slop and weren't snug. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Chris
JoeSharp
Hi Chris. welcome.png
Sorry. Can't help you about the seal.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Dr Evil
Hey Chris, welcome.png

If I am not mistaken, there are inner and outer rings that are slightly different sizes.....I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure.
hi4head
Thanks Dr Evil.

Yep, the inners are a smaller OD than the outers since it is a tapered tube. What puzzled me was why the inner o-ring wasn't really snug like the outer o-ring. I guess that the real story will be after I put the oil back in and fire it up for a while. (at least hopefully it will fire up and run)

Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.