Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
You can see it's not finished. But the pedals are looking cool and the center console came out real nice.

Should have more leather this week to finish it up. Gonna have to get some basket weave for the doors and dash. The radio is there only so there is no hole in the dash.

Dr. Roger
interesting floor... aluminum over steel or straight aluminum?

got a closeup of the center console? =-)

trippy looking setup. me like.
turboman808
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Jun 11 2006, 04:52 PM) *

interesting floor... aluminum over steel or straight aluminum?

got a closeup of the center console? =-)

It's just renline floor mats velcroed down. They go underneith the pedal boards so they are not coming up. It's to dark to take a picture of the center now. But it's just the floor covered with leather. Holes cut for the access panel, shifter and brake bias. The wire harnes comes out near the front and has a cover that snaps together.
plymouth37
nice work! that looks sweet!
Mueller
the passanger side looks cheesy...do you only have midgets as passangers??? smile.gif

maybe it's just the angle... blink.gif
will
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 11 2006, 05:39 PM) *

You can see it's not finished. But the pedals are looking cool and the center console came out real nice.

Should have more leather this week to finish it up. Gonna have to get some basket weave for the doors and dash. The radio is there only so there is no hole in the dash.

WHAT KIND OF SHIFTER IS THAT???? LOOKS HUGE. NICE JOB.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(will @ Jun 12 2006, 11:00 PM) *

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 11 2006, 05:39 PM) *

WHAT KIND OF SHIFTER IS THAT???? LOOKS HUGE. NICE JOB.

FABCAR or WEVO
Andyrew
915 box IIRC..
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 12 2006, 11:16 PM) *

915 box IIRC..

he keeps saying "916" chairfall.gif

would be cool if he had a 923 916 case....
914-8
"Say hello to my leedle freend"

IPB Image
East coaster
What brand of pedal pads/dead pedal are they? Are they Rennline or Engmans??
turboman808
QUOTE(East coaster @ Jun 13 2006, 04:20 AM) *

What brand of pedal pads/dead pedal are they? Are they Rennline or Engmans??

The pedals are Rennline. Engman pedals are nice but to shiny for my taste.

Passenger side has lots of room. I think thats just the picture. But it's actualy pretty nice sitting there.

Not sure what I need flat krylon for blink.gif

The wevo shifter is pretty tall actualy. But for racing I think that it where you would want it. Close to the wheel.

As long as I get all my packages I should be able to finish it this saturday. Well minus the door and dash which I am not confident I can do very well.
rhodyguy
comfy looking seats. konigs?

k
turboman808
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jun 12 2006, 10:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 12 2006, 11:16 PM) *

915 box IIRC..

he keeps saying "916" chairfall.gif

would be cool if he had a 923 916 case....

Actualy I didn't. In fact I asked what kind it is. To the best of my knowledge as a guy who has owned a 914 for about 4 weeks and the pictures I was shown it appears to be a 916 tranny. If you know better then pull you head out your ass and let me know. If it's a 915 then great I can get a wevo gateshift.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=52463&hl=

Seats are recaro. If you want to trade for some gts seats I am totaly down for that.
davec
Hi Guys. Seats are Recaro's, with custom fitted rails (shortened).

The tranny IS a 916 transmission. It is basically a 915 transmission with a magnesium, original Porsche conversion package that was used for the 916. Velios makes a similar conversion package for a stock 915 transmission. Google him on the net. I would start there for gate shifter ideas, if you're really stuck on the idea.

The car looks great. Hope you're having fun!

Dave C
Brad Roberts
Vellios kits suck. Always have and always will.

I can say that here with some backing..LOL

WEVO sells the industry standard now for 915's in a mid engine config.

Vellios didnt even knock off the factory parts very well.

Question:

Is the owner of this car short?

There is NO way a person 6ft could get under the steering wheel with those seats. They look totally comfy, but the actual seating position driving might not be very comfortable.

B
turboman808
Hi Dave thank for replying

Yeah so far the car is alot of fun. Someday I may even learn to drive it.

I think the gateshift would be a good idea especialy going from 5th to 4th. Scares the crap out of me every time. I went to install the reverse lock out and dropped that in the tunnel. No where to be found. So I will have to reorder that peice. I'm gonna put in the wevo tranny mounts and shift joint first though. May just be the combination I like. It's actualy pretty hard to make very fine adjustments to the shifter. Still don't have 3rd right where I want it. Gonna have my brother help this saturday to get it perfect.

I'm only 5' 9". I don't have any problems Seats are very low and from what I see I actualy sit lower then the other guys at the autox. There helmets peek out the top and mine doesn't. I also have the seat moved forward. I sit kinda close like a rally car driver. My friends laugh at me.
SGB
I'm trying to change my driving position. My brother did the "Pre-DE" drivers course with PCA and learned that our style (waa-aaa-ay back, with the seat-back tilted until arms were almost lstraight) was WRONG. I'm trying to move up a little closer to the wheel. I'm also about 5-10 and I prolly overcompensated to make up for that sad.gif

edit- I like the holed floor panels alot too, but it is gonna be hard to keep 'em lookng like that I think... Are they gonna be covered somehow? Do you have a mini version to go in the radio hole?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.