Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat slider adjustment handles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
!@#$%, broke my seat slider handle...bloody pot metal sad.gif

Has anyone seen a source for replacements or aftermarket...

Is anyone that frequents the site making reproductions of these...

Can't find anything but could have sworn I saw something on this awhile back....but of course then I wasn't in the market for one.... smile.gif

Any help out there?
Dave_Darling
Weltmeister makes (crappy) plastic ones. Mine broke after about six weeks. sad.gif

Pelican used to sell replacement seat rails with handles. Not sure if we still do or not. I think one of the BBS members here was going to be making a billet replacement at one point...

--DD
John
I have made a few in the past.

I cut them out of 10 ga sheet, bend them a little and plastisol the "handle" portion.

They are not 100% accurate or original, but they do seem to last for a long time.

(I made them after breeaking the plastic replacement ones).

I traced a broken one to make a pattern for mine.

Good luck to you.
So.Cal.914
I can't remember his name but he was making them out of aluminium. I believe

he is the same guy that makes the aluminium tach, speedo and gauge rings out of

aluminum. huh.gif
dwillouby
I am working on making these. No price yet. I will let you know asap.

David
rhodyguy
put the rail w/handle from the pass side on the d.s. till you source one. these things only move upwards about 3/8". no need to reef hard on them. forcing them way up doesn't make your hard to slide seat move any better.

k
Gint
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 12 2006, 07:17 AM) *

put the rail w/handle from the pass side on the d.s. till you source one. these things only move upwards about 3/8". no need to reef hard on them. forcing them way up doesn't make your hard to slide seat move any better.

k

My driver's side handle is broken off. On this particular seat rail, one finger is all that's needed to lift the slide release anyway.
rhodyguy
i'm not scolding anyone, just a generalization. i've seen people pull super hard due to mis-adjusted rails or gummed up tracks, thinking the adj release handle is the prob.

k
Demick
The plastic replacement one works fine. You do have to drill the rivets out of the old one to remove it, and then supply your own nuts and bolts to install the plastic one. But I've had a plastic one for many years - it holds up just fine.

Demick
So.Cal.914
Remove seats, clean and lube rails. What?
ptravnic
I ordered one a few weeks ago from gtautoperformance.com It arrived last week, unfortunately I won't be able to check it out for a while b/c I sent it to my Dad's house in Buffalo.

Price was around $15 or so.
Brando
I'm in need of a pair of handles as well. Please update us on the billet aluminum replacements.

I want a job shop nearby to make some replacements up, but I would rather buy from a clubber smile.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jun 12 2006, 11:40 AM) *

I ordered one a. few weeks ago from gtautoperformance.com .. Price was around $15 or so.

Those appear to be the plastic ones that I broke and Demick had no problems with.

GT would appear to be Greg Treadway. You might want to do a search on his name; you'll see some posts from him as well as from others about him.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.