Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seals for engine compartment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
william harris
OK, getting ready to rejoin the engine and tranny and with any luck, but the motor back in the car for the first time since 2004. Last seals needed are the ones that go around the engine tray where the engine tin joins up with the body. Seems like there are two seals, one in the back and the long one that goes around the engine shelf. Anyone have the part numbers??? confused24.gif
tod914
I dont think the back is available.. I think Andy has a thread on this.
rhodyguy
915 504 155 10. check the bird.

k
william harris
Thanks. That's what I thought it might be: "Packing - Engine Compartment" Something was lost in the translation, no doubt. beerchug.gif
736conver
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jun 12 2006, 08:54 AM) *

I dont think the back is available.. I think Andy has a thread on this.

I think its a bug seal they use now for a replacement, works just as good and only cost like 7 dollars. Part number is 113 something. I would have to look it up to be totally accurate.
william harris
OK, here are the parts:

914 504 117 10 (back seal, supposedly not available)

914 504 157 10 & 914 504 158 10 (lateral, or left and right to us 'Mericans)

914 504 155 10 (front seal)

I will see what is available OEM and then round up the usual suspects.

Thanks for giving me the right direction. driving.gif
John
I think its a bug seal they use now for a replacement, works just as good and only cost like 7 dollars. Part number is 113 something. I would have to look it up to be totally accurate.

Yes, please look it up.

Thanks.
McMark
Let us know. wink.gif
jdogg
Call GPR. 4 piece set, something like $80.
736conver
Found the Part number 111.813.705D Its a beetle part. $7.95 or cheaper through the usual places.

This is also what GPR uses in their 4 piece kit.

william harris
Thanks. This is now a done deal. The VW part number has been superceded but it is still a good part and there were "3" in country and one has been sourced for my car. The other seals were located OEM and have also been ordered. So, this weekend I have a little project to do, along with the targa bar vinyl install, and then we must be off to CT and visit Chris Foley's shop. CHRIS, WHEN IS THAT OPEN HOUSE IN JULY??? beer3.gif jsharp.gif burnout.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.