Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monday's a/x report for 6/12/06
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
URY914
Let's start a series of threads where everyone posts how they did, what problems you may have and so forth. Maybe the sharing of info can help us all beat the rice burners. smile.gif

I'll start:
I awoke to a typical muggy Florida morning.....ok I won't tell the WHOLE story biggrin.gif

Good things: Last week I pulled the engine and I seemed to have cured the oil leak that was flinging oil everywhere. And I found a valve that was too tight that was causing popping and farting. I had no problems with these two things yestersday.

Bad things: 1) I still have a hot start problem. After making one run I can shut it off on the grid and it will restart for the next run after about 15 minutes. But after the second run it will not restart and I have to sit in the car to keep it running as it won't idle by itself. The starter is turning over but it won't fire off. I need to check my timing. 2) I need to fab some sort of firewall behind my seat. After two runs the back of my aluminum seat is would make a nice frying pan. 3) I need to do an alinement job. I haven't checked it in awhile. 4) The car is still faster than I am, I should have done better.

I got four runs in before the rain it. So I packed up and went home. I'm taking July and August off. Too damn hot here.

Paul
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif DSP and I even had someone to race against biggrin.gif
groot
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jun 12 2006, 10:36 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif DSP and I even had someone to race against biggrin.gif

smilie_pokal.gif WAY TO GO!!!
Steve_7x
Went to the Shriner's Autocross this past weekend. This was an SCCA event and I am typically a PCA kind of guy, but this site is only 20 minutes away from my home and this is the only time they get to run there all year. All other events mean 90 minutes or more of driving :-(

Overall the car ran great - I seme to have solved (knocking on wood) the carb issue for the moment and the car ran great all weekend.

Both days we got to run in the morning and leave. A very nice and relaxing process.

Saturday was the better day... I was competing for TTOD overall (Cars - no carts) with a very modified '89 vette convertible that in essence is a semi tube frame car runnin 600hp and 600ft/lbs torque and he runs what sound slike a straight cut gear box. I had TTOD until he had his final run and he got me by 0.2 seconds. Joy did very well and she got down to the 56 second range if I remember correctly (mine was a 50.4).

Sunday... they ran the course backwards which made it faster. For those with HP they gaioned about 4 seconds. Alas 130 ponies could only go a little faster. The guy who nipped me on Saturday pulled away on Sunday. I had a tougher time in that I couldn't get more overall speed which come by going to 3rd gear so I was handicapped.

Overall a great weekend - it was warm - upper 80's etc... I haven't seen the final results but I heard the carts got down into the 48's on Saturday blink.gif

There were a few PCA and 914 club members present including Rob on Sunday. It was nice to see you there!

Steve

jhadler
Hey! I know that Vette! They don't make 'em much better than that one. Hellofa car!

Nice drivin'!!!

-Josh2
J P Stein
I worked in the effin' yard all weekend....blah.....yard work sux barf.gif
Nuthin' on the schedule till 2 July.....then 3 AXs that month & 4 in August....iff'n I git all the yard wurk done. dry.gif
jhadler
As for car stuff? Nothin' happened for me... Baby was a little under the weather all weekend, so all efforts were towards her...

The car is close though, new half shaft needs to go in, align and install exhaust, and connect the fuel lines, and that should be it...

-Josh2
nine14cats
I attended an AX with my track 911 (Fritz). Since I have a 914 V8 and a 914 track car...I'll take liberty of stretching and posting my experiences this weekend.... biggrin.gif

The Good....Had fun as usual. The car was running fine and I ended up 4th overall out of 109 cars.

The bad...I had a hard time reading the course. I DNF's 5 out of 7 runs, which I almost never do, and picked up a nail on the 7th run and couldn't compete on my 8th and final run. It didn't matter since the TTOD went to a 914 3.5 seconds faster than I was. The course was tight on the second half and I could feel the ass end and the weight of the tail dragger.

Overall a better weekend than JP since I didn't do any yard work! laugh.gif

Bill P.
mskala
Good job all. Nobody could beat me this weekend (because I didn't have
any events biggrin.gif ). Saturday coming up will be the ticket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.