Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jwest motor mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ottox914
Who is has these in their car, and what do you think? Looks like they come with an aluminum or nylon spacer. Like? Dislike? Do them again?
lotus_65
i have nylon and i feel quite a lot more feedback. my car's not running right yet after my rebuild, so i'll have to say the jury's still out.
Brando
Link to pic?
Air_Cooled_Nut
icon_bump.gif

I'd like to know as well. How ya like 'em? And state which ones yer using, please.
nein14
I just installed the nylon one as well as a pair of 911 sport mounts in the GT Turbo,
I had to shorten the ends of the side shifter engine bar to fit the 911 sport mounts.

I like the Jwest engine mount no flex or movement in the motor at all. thumb3d.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(nein14 @ Aug 26 2007, 06:18 AM) *

I had to shorten the ends of the side shifter engine bar to fit the 911 sport mounts.

uhmmm, the sideshifter bar is supposed to be mounted SOLID to the chassis. the only rubber should be the two small round black rubber mounts between the engine bar and the motor ...
stirthepot.gif Andy
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 26 2007, 01:25 PM) *

QUOTE(nein14 @ Aug 26 2007, 06:18 AM) *

uhmmm, the sideshifter bar is supposed to be mounted SOLID to the chassis. the only rubber should be the two small round black rubber mounts between the engine bar and the motor ...
stirthepot.gif Andy

The side shifter mount is solid mounted at the outboard attachments. The JWest mount is at the engine to the bar and is available in nylon or aluminum. I bought the nylon. I have no opinion until we take it for a ride soon...
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 26 2007, 02:22 PM) *
...The JWest mount is at the engine to the bar and is available in nylon or aluminum. I bought the nylon. I have no opinion until we take it for a ride soon...

Well hurry up, dagnabit! smash.gif
RoadGlue
I have the Jwest nylon mounts in the front and poly transaxle mounts (from someone else) and I love the feedback over the stock rubber mounts. The car is quiet and the vibration and noise seem only slightly amplified. Mark De Bernardi has been for a few rides and can probably attest to that. My motor is freshly built and very well balanced from the pistons, rods, crank, flywheel and pressure plate. I've been all over the state. Up to Chico, Tahoe, Nevada, San Francisco, Thunderhill, etc and have never considered them a problem and would never go back to rubber. That's just me though, and ymmv.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.