Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm in love with Terry
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hmeeder
My throttle had been hanging up for a bit now. Apparently I had gotten so used to it, that I didn't realize how really bad it was.

Installed a Terrycable yesterday and my throttle is so smooth, progressive and the touch is so light now. Modulation and throttle control is a snap now.

If you've ever been on the fence about doing this, pass on the OEM and go straight to the Terry.

Do it now. Go.

boldblue.gif
Brad Roberts
I have only been preaching this for 15+ years.

The people who have problems with them:

1. dont have a throttle stop below the pedal (no pedal board)
2. they dont adjust the throttle stop and break cables all the time
3. rust in the throttle cable tube: CLEAN IT OUT with brake cleaner
4. they route it incorrectly and place it in bind
5. home made throttle brackets for carbs..

B
terrymason
QUOTE(hmeeder @ Jun 12 2006, 10:09 AM) *

pass on the OEM and go straight to the Terry.

I tell all da ladies that...
Bartlett 914
I hate the throttle cable on my car. It is stiff. It makes a underpowered car feel even more underpowered. My cable is a little kinked and the return spring is too stiff. I have been meaning to replace it all. Where are you finding terry cable? Is this just the inner cable or is is a complete cable?

Mark
Lou W
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 12 2006, 11:13 AM) *

I have only been preaching this for 15+ years.

The people who have problems with them:

1. dont have a throttle stop below the pedal (no pedal board)
2. they dont adjust the throttle stop and break cables all the time
3. rust in the throttle cable tube: CLEAN IT OUT with brake cleaner
4. they route it incorrectly and place it in bind
5. home made throttle brackets for carbs..

B

What the trick with the brake fluid? use a squeeze bottle or pour it in? then any prep after that?
Mark Henry
Brake CLEANER.

Some people are not too crazy about their clutch cables.
hmeeder
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Jun 12 2006, 11:45 AM) *

I hate the throttle cable on my car. It is stiff. It makes a underpowered car feel even more underpowered.

Werd

I had just made a serious upgrade to the power in 10JREEN but I was frustrated and the car felt like it couldn't put the power down the way I believed it should. It wasn't that the power wasn't there, it just didn't respond to my foot as quickly as I could work the pedals. Weird time-shift feeling. All gone now.

Terry Cable at Pelican Parts

$38.25 before shipping. Might be cheaper at others, but I didn't shop around.
Dave_Darling
Some pro mechanics I know refer to Terry Cables as "aftermarket crap". Both the ones who have used that phrase to my face are the guys that I trust enough to pay to work on my car and My Attorney's SC. I tend to pay attention to their opinions.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.