I've been looking around at halfshafts for the 914... A Genuine part would set me back over 200 per side, or a Duralast would be 100 per side. I'm gonna go ahead and do the passenger side as well as the busted side for peace of mind. So the first question, are the Duralast or Cardone "highly inferior" parts to the German ones? This will not be a concours car by any stretch, and cost is a bit of an issue.

I may also be in need of tail light lenses. I'm gonna try to get some high grit paper first and wet sand the overspray from the lenses. Prob a post for the classified section anyways... The lenses on all corners are servicable, but some have slight cracks and paint on them. Depends on where you go and if there was a recent crack down, Inspection techs can be pretty lax or damn difficult.

The only thing that I'm aware of that will fail me for the inspection is that the horn button does not work. All the fuses are good (still), but I'm guessing it was unhooked or not installed properly when the Momo wheel was put in. I'll be searching around, but any hints are welcome! thumb3d.gif