Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anyone know about Binocular Vision Dysfunction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
OK I'll be serious here for a minute...

My 10 year old daughter is being tested for Binocular Vision Dysfunction. Although her eye sight is 20/20. We've tried dyslexia programs for three years without any real gain in her reading ablities. From what we have read about it, this may be what we're looking for.

Anyone have any first hand knowlwdge? confused24.gif

Thank,

Paul
pete-greggers
I am dyslexic(as you can see). I have never heard of that before.

I have heard of 'the brain gym' before I am trying it with my doc. it is suposed to
work but it takes time to go through the program. you can look it up on the net

binocular vision dysfunction... just thinking sounds like it might be close to
R.P. ( retina pigmentosis) [a slow degeneration of the eye starting at the outside
and progresing inward end in blindness ,20 years aprox]
Dr Evil
Sounds like something I encountered in one of my neuro psych courses. I will see what I can find. IIRC, it has either to do with a conflict in the way visual input travels from the eyes to the centers (2 centers, 4 pathways) in the brain, or in how the brain processis said info once it reaches its target brain area.

If you have info and need it "de coded" I would be glad to help explain, figure out and to point you in directions to better understand things.
Dr Evil
So far all I can turn up in the archives is related to mild/moderate muscular sclerosis (MS) pateints. In most archives I am getting nothing published on the diagnosis of "binocualr visual dysfunction". More info could refine a search and proposed dignostic/treatment plans.
PM is good if I can help.
URY914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 12 2006, 05:25 PM) *

Sounds like something I encountered in one of my neuro psych courses. I will see what I can find. IIRC, it has either to do with a conflict in the way visual input travels from the eyes to the centers (2 centers, 4 pathways) in the brain, or in how the brain processis said info once it reaches its target brain area.

If you have info and need it "de coded" I would be glad to help explain, figure out and to point you in directions to better understand things.

Mike, you pretty much nailed it. Her vision is fine but it is what happens to the info after it leaves her eyes and travels to the brain. I'll PM you with any other questions. Thanks,

Paul
Heeltoe914
I will not even try and spell or explain what I know, But you can call me and maybe I can share what I know or put you on the right track. 818 266 7774
URY914
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jun 12 2006, 06:11 PM) *

I will not even try and spell or explain what I know, But you can call me and maybe I can share what I know or put you on the right track. 818 266 7774

I'll PM you...
Dr Evil
Paul, its my pleasure. I hope I can help when you need me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.