Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how does this engine setup sound
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
modpr2
im looking at building a type 4 motor and here are the specs i have so far. 1.8 block, 1.8 or 2.0 heads, 96mm cylinders with forged pistons. 8.0:1 compression, 78mm stroker welded crank with type 1 journals. 150 mm forged rods type 1 journals, dual 2bbl 44 idf webers, need help on head and cam choices what do you think. i want this engine as a daily driver but also want some street performance so i need to find something in the middle. what cam, heads and valve size of the head would you guys recomend. thanks
Mueller
the 2.0 heads supposedly right off the bat are worth up to 10hp more than the 1.8 as is...mostly has to do with the spark plug location
Mark Henry
What you're saying about 130hp max.

Get a cam and lifters from Jake, bump up the CR, 2.0 heads with 44X38 SS valves, beef the valve train, good header then your talking 160+hp
modpr2
perfect 160 sounds alot better than i was guessing, what should i up the cr too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.