http://seattle.craigslist.org/pts/170148154.html
2k with tires and lugs,
six calipers also listed SOLD
Midtowner
Hmm, I've got four w/ lug bolts but can't decide to keep or sell. unsure.gif
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Jun 12 2006, 09:20 PM) *

Hmm, I've got four w/ lug bolts but can't decide to keep or sell. unsure.gif

I can trade some vintage skate stickers for your 1988 Powell skateboard, some NLA XT wheelz, and possibly even a limited edition NPD off-road deck signed by the company founder and pro rider biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Midtowner
OT: Nice to know there are fellow skaters here. I wish I didn't throw out all of my old skate gear. At today's evilbay prices, I could afford to buy a very nice /6 with what I thought was junk skate stuff. I did keep one deck though - a 1970's NOS Logan Earth Ski! smile.gif
brokenmoped
Midtowner, How much you want for the minilites?
HeavyHeavy
Midtowner,

I'm curious about your Minilites too.

Do those have the correct offset that will allow the use of
wider tires?

I have some Yokohama 185/70VR-15 and they are a little too
wide for the Minilite-style wheels I currently have on the
car. The wheel in the front of your picture looks pretty
good.

What is the condition of the others?

Thanks

HeavyHeavy
Midtowner
Thanks for the interest in the wheels. I am thinking of an option that may result in keeping the Minilites. If I do sell, it may happen in August with better pictures and more info. 185's do fit definitely. 195's too. 205's? Well, Dan (Almaden Valley) says no fit. smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
I run 205's on my Minilites with no probelm confused24.gif

DanT
Eriks wheels are real live minilites made in England. 6.5x15.
They have an ~5.1" back spacing. with 205s and the negative camber I had in my car they would have rubbed on the inside fender well. I had rubbing issues with Fuchs and 205s on the rear...Had to go to studs and 1/2" spacers.

Since everyone of these cars is different I am sure there is a car out there they would fit on... Especially if you have less negative camber and smaller tires.
I think Erik should keep them for his car and sell me his Fuchs instead biggrin.gif hint hint...

they are very nice and would require only a small amount of clean up to be very presentable.
Nice part is he has the original lug bolts and washers to mount them....
I was going to use them with spacers which introduced a whole bunch of other variables.

Wish I could have made them work....
GaroldShaffer
So are mine. smile.gif thumb3d.gif

For those that want Minilites go HERE
HeavyHeavy
Thanks for the info about the offset and tire size. That'll
help me a lot. I'm hoping to have new wheels before August,
but I'd still be interested if yours are for sale then.
DanT
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Jun 15 2006, 05:25 AM) *

So are mine. smile.gif thumb3d.gif

For those that want Minilites go HERE

Wasn't implying yours weren't real. smile.gif But theone Erik has are 6.5" wide vs, 6".

Also from your picture...my car is about 1.5 inches lower and has 2.75degrees of negative camber in the rear. Makes the inside clearance an issue...at least on my car.
That is why I had to go to studs and spacers to avoid tire rub on the inside.
couldn't come up with a combination that would work with the mounting surface that was on the minilites. (clear shank for centering wheel and then flat washer with flat faced lug bolt)
I have a good friend that is a machinist and he says the old minilites...which Erik's are (like 30yrs old), are a very pourous casting and do not amend themselves to machining at the mounting area.
The only way to make them work with studs and spacers is to make a shim that screws onto the studs to center the wheel and then use a machined flat lug nut along with the standard mounting washers.
He was going to do all of this for me but I decided to stay with the Fuchs for now and go another direction in the future. smile.gif
JPB
All that is min i: minskirts, minibras, minilights. My man parts say they are #1!

chowtime.gif How you say,"mini seafood buffet?"
Midtowner
QUOTE(JPB @ Jun 19 2006, 04:54 PM) *

All that is min i: minskirts, minibras, minilights. My man parts say they are #1!

chowtime.gif How you say,"mini seafood buffet?"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.