Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need to ask the racers....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
i've marked the stock tower plate positions where the stock plates were. Now the 911 suspension is in and i'm dialing it in.

so far there appears to be zero toe-in at all 4 wheels and 3/8" of negative camber measured between the top and bottom of the front wheels. Rears are L- 9/16" R-3/4". More spacers for the rear I guess?

so the last thing i'm concerned with is caster.

how does one get it close? How is it measured?

Would you just use the previous plate markings as the alignment was great before?

All opinions will be greatly appreciated. Even Miles. =-)

popcorn[1].gif

Joe Ricard
There is NO WAY that the two struts are near the same dimension. You would be VERY lucky if the car is still square after all these years.
That's why you align things with gauges and not marks on the body.

But to answer your questions castor can be gotten close after you get camber and toe as best you can.

You need to mark a line 20 degrees from center line in both right and left directions.
then turn the steering wheel to line up with the marks and then measure the lean inward of the wheel. just like you did camber. do one side and record then turn the wheels the other direction and record the difference. now to change it slide one shock top forward or back to match the other. Probably close enough. If you get this all dead nuts perfect the 1st time go play the lottery. (it's your lucky day).
Dr. Roger
thank you joe,

now that's an explanation i can follow... =-) aktion035.gif

i found another source for getting down to the nuts and bolts of alignments HERE.

i appreciate your help!

cheers,
roger
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Jun 13 2006, 02:02 PM) *

thank you joe,

now that's an explanation i can follow... =-) aktion035.gif

i found another source for getting down to the nuts and bolts of alignments HERE.

i appreciate your help!

cheers,
roger

NICE. don't have time to go through the whole thing. But the site dhould definately give you a place to start. Now go out and do it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.