Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heading into the Rust Belt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonwatts
I'm going on a business trip this week to Detroit (specifically Novi). I might be open for dinner either Tuesday or Wednesday night; anyone from around here in that area? I don't expect anyone to go to any great lengths because of the winter conditions, just if it's convenient. Otherwise I'll just order up room service and be here on the BBS (free DSL from the hotel room, yay!).
Curvie Roadlover
Any 914er's in the Detroit area! Are you kidding? Our group will give Roadglue a run for their money any day (excluding november through april). Jon I remember you and your wife at the Tied House in November when I came out to buy a car from Brad. I'll put the word out to our group and I'm sure we can get some 914 addicts together for a dinner. How about Wed. as that gives us more time to get something together.
jonwatts
Sounds good. Bench racing is better than no racing biggrin.gif

Just checked the forecast for the week. I already feel sorry for whatever poor rental car I get biggrin.gif

Detroit Forecast
Curvie Roadlover
Jon,
We'll see you tomorrow night, 7:00 at the Mongolian Barbeque in Novi. It's at 43155 Main St. I sent you an e-mail. beerchug.gif
jonwatts
Got back from Detroit last night. Had a great dinner with our own Curvie Roadlover and met some very devoted 914 owners too. Seems like everybody has one of those "pristine 914 found in a barn" stories. I'll do my best to get back out there in the warmer months to see them firsthand.

Thanks for the hospitality!

Jon
Curvie Roadlover
Jon,
We're looking forward to having you back during the warmer weather so we can round up the guys and go for a drive. We're looking for Roberts to get out here, too. Brad, I have your blue Mag flashlight, but you'll have to come get it. cool.gif
Brad Roberts
Damn IT. I have been looking all over for that flashlight.

B
Curvie Roadlover
It's right here. happy11.gif
jonwatts
Notice how he waits until I'm back home to mention the flashlight. I could have transported it for free and enjoyed using it for a few months until it finally got back to His Bradness.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.