Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why am i having so much trouble...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
hi guys.

i am swapping transmissions... and i cannot get the old throwout fork to seat on the same ball.....

what am i doing wrong? ball cup bushing is in great shape.. but i cant get it to snap over the ball!!!

help me. taking a 20 min break....

tried wedging... tried "percussion"

Dr Evil
It doesn't "snap" over the ball always. Sometimes it just sits on it. If you can tighten the allen bot on the keeper it will either seat or is seated.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 13 2006, 11:50 AM) *

It doesn't "snap" over the ball always. Sometimes it just sits on it. If you can tighten the allen bot on the keeper it will either seat or is seated.

i tightened the allen... and it still hadnt popped the ball on. that was waaaay to loose for my taste.....
Dr Evil
They are normally loose, but I do not know ho wloose yours is so I can't say. They should have very little side to side and should only easily pivot.

Idunnowhattosayaboutit
MattR
whats wrong aaron, ran out of lube?

biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
mike was right..... it was on. i had a false sense of how tight it should be....

i guess thats what that retainer thing is for....

it is just a pivot...

matt... i got plenty for ya... but you usually dont require much...
rhodyguy
GET A NEW BALL CUP!!! i don't care how good it looks. unless the clip is like superduper new get one of those too. and like mikes says, it doesn't pop on like swaybar and shift cup bushings.

k

Aaron Cox
kevin... its 3 mo's old.....

and yeah... i was under the assumption it popped on like a swaybar LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.