Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strut bracing for the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris Pincetich
I've noticed a lot of 911s and Boxters have a horizontal strut brace connecting the tops of the shock mounts, but not many 914s do. Is this overkill for our light, balanced cars? Most tube frame 914s and some modified AX 914s have some sort of "X" strut brace in the back, but selmon in the front.

These seem to be moderately priced, look cool, and was wondering if they might be a gud idea to for my lowered, double welt sway equipped 1.7. I want to AX more (broke car on first attempt- working on that fix) so am looking to have the handling super tight to compensate for my extreme lack of horsepower. beerchug.gif
Brad Roberts
No need in either location. There is NO side loading on the rear shock towers.

The front has a natural brace (gas tank bulkhead)

The Boxsters you see... not very smart... they place it right over the factory braces!!

I could see where a rear one might help in a Boxster, but they also have a engine bulkhead just behind the rear shock towers.

B
Eric_Shea
914's have them installed at the factory wink.gif
Eric_Shea
Beat by the Bradholio biggrin.gif
Chris Pincetich
wow that was fast! time to surf over to another day dream project... beerchug.gif
Brad Roberts
Can you line up some hot chicks for one of my day dreams?

B
cbenitah
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jun 13 2006, 01:55 PM) *

B

Sure can B
Eric_Shea

Yeah me too. I was thinking maybe a beautiful European woman that likes to work on her own 914 idea.gif

w00t.gif
Joe Ricard
Most of us know where the hot chicks for day dreaming reside

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=49470
Brad Roberts
Thanks Joe!!

I almost had that piece of the clubsite blocked from memory!! beerchug.gif

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.