Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got my new shift knob today...very clean item off of eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
No affiliation to the seller but I did want to tout a pretty clean product. Nice part about this knob is that there are two set screws instead of just one. Just an FYI. Cost was about $45.
Allan
Nice.

I gotta get one...
i love porsche
that looks great!
Dr Evil
Whats it made of? Looks great.
bd1308
link?

b
MoveQik
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Jun 13 2006, 03:57 PM) *

link?

b

Here are the details....Shift Knob
pfierb
I got the same shift knob on e-bay last year.....love the feel and heft of it .....seems to make the car shift better.
scottb
i sent a link to james adams (JWest) and said these would be an exceptionally cool addition to his rennshift if they could be manufactured to fit.....

i like...
TravisNeff
The person who makes these was at WCC last year, very nice!.
turboman808
Knobs with set screws!!! No way been there done that. Sooner or later they always come off.

Can get a $10 razo that will never come off.
MoveQik
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 13 2006, 06:11 PM) *

Knobs with set screws!!! No way been there done that. Sooner or later they always come off.

Can get a $10 razo that will never come off.

I roughed up the shifter a little bit and gave then a good tighten with some thread lock. It should be fine for every day driving.
jd74914
if you were worried about it coming off you could drill holes (or just dimples) into the shifter using it as a guide. Its not like they will ever be seen, even if you swap the knob they probably would still be hidden
scottb
even if you swap the knob.......

hehehehehehehe................ happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif
736conver
i sent a link to james adams (JWest) and said these would be an exceptionally cool addition to his rennshift if they could be manufactured to fit..

He's got one just like it. Just a little more machining and viola. Here's the shift knob I got with my rennshifter. not the greatest picture.

Click to view attachment
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Jun 13 2006, 03:27 PM) *

No affiliation to the seller but I did want to tout a pretty clean product. Nice part about this knob is that there are two set screws instead of just one. Just an FYI. Cost was about $45.

Wow, nice! I've almost pulled off my after-marker stockish-looking one a couple of times mad.gif $45 is a livable value beer.gif
scottb
QUOTE(736conver @ Jun 13 2006, 10:30 PM) *

i sent a link to james adams (JWest) and said these would be an exceptionally cool addition to his rennshift if they could be manufactured to fit..

He's got one just like it. Just a little more machining and viola. Here's the shift knob I got with my rennshifter. not the greatest picture.

Click to view attachment

i did get the same knob when i got my rennshift. just would be cool to have the shift pattern like the one on ebay.....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.