Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What all the damn fuss is about
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Here is some pics of my car and why it is killing me that it is not running correctly yet.

Before anyone starts in, I know the rockers, and bumpers are not fit correctly. I had to get them painted right before I left and didn't think to have them fit. Ah well, I can't afford a 10 right now any how.
Dr Evil
The cockpit (for now).

Notice the billet aluminum heater control knobs, heater lever knob, bezels, my customized gauges, center console. Not pictured yet, my mirror with the aimable map lights.
Dr Evil
And my super dooper power window/power mirror switch console.
Dr Evil
And a close up of the perfectly matched seat material that I found for my seats.
So.Cal.914
What are you talking about? Thats fuchin SWEET. Love the 911 side markers.

And a SIX.
Dr Evil
Ah yes, the side markers. Not 911, $20 aftermarket. Because I am cheap, but like what I like.

Yup, a /6. If it were a /4 it sould be running by now and I would not have 20qts of expelled oil to dispose of wink.gif
Mueller
nice !!!!!

hurry up !!!! biggrin.gif
grasshopper
wow, that looks great! did you do something else with the fresh air/heater contol panel on the dash?? It looks different, other than the billet knobs. Where do I get those BTW??
Joe Bob
It's better to look gud than to run gud, Dahling....
turboman808
Is that the stock rear fenders stretch to the max? Looks kinda cool!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jun 13 2006, 10:18 PM) *

wow, that looks great! did you do something else with the fresh air/heater contol panel on the dash?? It looks different, other than the billet knobs. Where do I get those BTW??

It is missing the chrome trim right now. I had a guy here make them for me as a one off expereiment. If I ever get to use my lathe I would like to offer them to everyone. The guy is not on here as of a while ago. He also made the heater lever knob.
VaccaRabite
Is it riding higher in the back then stock, or has my car been on jack stands for so long that I forget what a running one looks like?

Your car look bad ass!

Zach
grasshopper
BTW you need to lower the ass end of the car a bit.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 13 2006, 10:19 PM) *

Is that the stock rear fenders stretch to the max? Looks kinda cool!

Cut and metal welded in. I do not think that you can streatch the metal as far as that with good results. 17" with 255 rear and 225 front.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jun 13 2006, 10:23 PM) *

BTW you need to lower the ass end of the car a bit.

Not really sure I can. I have stiff springs on there and no adjustable nothing. It is not done.
Dr Evil
Actually, it may just be the way my fenders were worked and the way the rear bumper does not fit exactly right that make it look high in the rear. If you look at the rocker lines they look level.
jim_hoyland
Nice Mike; are the mirrors heated ?
Gint
Love the flares.

Now get that thing running already!
morph
nice mike nice,i like that color tooo
james
Dr Evil
Jim, the mirrors are heated, but the heat is not hooked up. I didn't feel like it at the moment...maybe later.

Unfortunately, my mirros are not mounted well. The drivers is pointing up and the pass is pointing down. I think I had it on a jackstand on the right when I mounted them....DOH! I will have to see what I can do about it. It is a bitch to work on them in such a cramped garage.
newto914s
very nice Doc! driving.gif soon
Leo Imperial
Dude the car looks great.
I love this pic and I really think the wheels are the right touch.
Perfect choice biggrin.gif
drewvw

that car is slick evil....nice work. I got your package too by the way thanks.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Jun 13 2006, 11:48 PM) *

Dude the car looks great.
I love this pic and I really think the wheels are the right touch.
Perfect choice biggrin.gif

flipa.gif You suck! Fucher av-943.gif

I hate cookie cutters dry.gif
Leo Imperial
Makes the car look better owned.gif
Dr Evil
To you ya gayfight.gif
JerryP
pray.gif
plas76targa
Mike, I think I need to test drive that for you down a twisty road with rail road tracks to jump over! At least to see how a side shifter works!

And Leo - those cookie cutters just make the car man! awesome photo shop. [shame you can't fuch with the first page. admins? ]
Root_Werks
Looks great Mike! boldblue.gif
elwood-914
Very nice Mike. One of my favorite colors. Git her going son!!
fitsbain
Finially pictures!!

Now I expect a ride on the 24th so get hoppin on that motor!!!
Dr Evil
Regarding the rear height, I went out and took another look and it is like 2" high. I don't know what to do about it as I do not have adjustable shocks, or shorter springs.

Maybe I should just cut a coil or two off?
jd74914
Cutting coils should make the springs shorter but stiffer (well, if they are linear I wouldn't imagine you would have this problem)
914-8
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 14 2006, 10:15 AM) *

Regarding the rear height, I went out and took another look and it is like 2" high. I don't know what to do about it as I do not have adjustable shocks, or shorter springs.

put bilsteins on them, they have adjustable perches so it's easy to change ride height.

and they are great shocks, too.
RON S.

It looks great Mike,

And,I know exactly what it means when you say it's killing you not to be able to drive it.

thumb3d.gif thumb3d.gif

Ron
Kerrys914
Nice work guys beerchug.gif Sorry I missed it.

I hope to see you guys this September at the big jsharp.gif ..Make sure you guys e-mail me an let me kow if you plan on making the September event. beerchug.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif drooley.gif

I think my 914-6 is sorted out now and up to a road trip smile.gif Keep me posted of any other mid/early summer gatherings.

Dr Evil
QUOTE(914-8 @ Jun 14 2006, 01:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 14 2006, 10:15 AM) *

put bilsteins on them, they have adjustable perches so it's easy to change ride height.

and they are great shocks, too.

Med stoodent = no $$$$

Gotta make what I have work.
914-8
In that case:

welder.gif
Dr Evil
Not sure how other than to use my cut off wheel. Do I need to heat the last piece to flatten it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.