Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UPS Delivered my birthday present today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Borderline
I figured it was a little extravagent, but something that is pretty much necessary to set up the suspension. The only problem is right now I don't have my teener! I did a side shift conversion and was having problems getting 5th. The guy that rebuilt the tranny has the car and has found the clutch has gone south. The thing ran great in 4th and as soon as I shifted to 5th, I got absolutely nothin. I figured it was in the tranny...no it was the clutch. The good news is that with the garage empty for the last week, I was able to paint the floor! sad.gif I was hoping to do the ax in Marina this weekend. Not looking too gud at this point. oh well. Maybe next month.
nebreitling
Nice snag Bill!

Hey everyone -- corner balance at bill's house!!
olav

I see. So you're driving along and in 5th you're giving the motor gas and the clutch can't hang on. This didn't happen before the sideshift conversion?

The mechanic took out the tranny fixed it put it back now has to take it out again to fix the clutch? bummer.

brant
them is reallllll pretty..

did you turn up any amazing deals or sales during your looking?

I sure would like to have a set of those and quit borrowing them from others.

brant
Borderline
Olav:
Actually, I bought the tranny on ebay and then had It rebuilt before I installed it. The tailshifter that was in there when I bought the car had all the gears, they were just hard to find. So, I was surpised to find the clutch was bad. We thought the missing gear was a linkage problem. I was just strange that in 4th gear everything seamed ok but as soon as I shifted into 5th there was absolutely nothing. The tach would climb and the car would slow down mad.gif

Nathan:
Sure come on down!
Borderline
I bought them from Apex SPG. They had an ad in Panorama. They were $900 + shipping. I was watching ebay and the prices were still pretty high. I thought it would be worth buying new to make sure they weren't damaged. You never know what your getting on ebay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.