Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts Places to give buissness to?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ratt
OK Ive read bad things about AA in georgia. so where should I send my buissness. I find I need a new set of plug wires. which places are helpful, and which places could care less?
Thanks
Andy
seanery
Richard Clewett for plug wires-magnecore.

search clewett here and you'll find a phone # or website
mharrison
I would highly recommend Pelican Parts. I've made several orders and never had any trouble. I've also never heard anything bad about them.
Steve@pelicanparts
We have the wires, they are Bosch. The wires are longervthan the stock set and come with 4 98mm Connecters, give me a call at Pelican or send me and e-mail. Steve
Mueller
For me, it depends on what I am buying and if I know the vendor has it or can get it.

Normally that would HPH (High Performance House) in Redwood City, but there are times that I'll buy from Pelican and GPR.
I'm not sure if you have anyone local or not, that is a good place to start in order to form a relationship with your parts supplier...that can pay off big time smile.gif

Price wise, everyone is close, but shipping can bite you in the @ss if you are not careful.
ChrisReale
Suspension=Paragon Products
Other stuff= GPR, Pelican, local vw/porsche shop
Mueller
oh yea...I forgot I've bought my shocks from Paragon, best prices and knowledge !!!
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 30 2003, 07:17 PM)
oh yea...I forgot I've bought my shocks from Paragon, best prices and knowledge !!!

When I bought new shocks, they were the ONLY place that had them in stock
Aaron Cox
paragon rocks! they had my konis and shipped same day! rock on jason! aktion035.gif
p914
I've ordered from a number of places including AA. I shop price and availability. Don't discount any supplier that has what you want at a good price.
I've done a number of transactions with AA, PP Performance,etc etc. I had a delay with AA on an air dam and they upgraded my order to a better part and reduced the price!.. If you deal with your supplier honestly and openly they will usually accomodate you.
TheCabinetmaker
I have found that my local P car mech can get just about anything I need, generally overnight. The price is the same or lower than the catalogue guys, and I don't have to pay shipping if I wait a few days so they can bring it in with their regular orders.
rhodyguy
i agree with calling around. prices can vary a great deal. 2 final questions to ask. 1, is the item in stock. 2, what day will it ship.

kevin
GWN7
I'd add question #3 -How much is shipping?

There was a recient post comparing shipping costs. The "deal" they got was offset by higher shipping charges.

Even places that get good ratings from members here can screwup on orders.

I ordered sheet metal replacement parts from one mentioned here and was told that they would drop ship them from the manufacture. A month later I get a email asking how I'm enjoying my order. I emailed them back and said I would if the parts had arrived yet. Next email I get is telling me they would be shipped in a week. I sent an email back asking who's fault was it for the screwup, theirs or the manufacture? Never got an answer. All I wanted to know was who screwed up. If it was them, a "sorry" would have be nice. If it was the manufacture, then not much they can do about it. Parts arrived 2 weeks later. Time from order, 2 months. Next time I ordered from them was half way home with the 70. It needed a shifter bushing kit. I used the online catalogue to order from my buddys place in Calgary. Figureing the parts would be at home when I get there. A week after I get home, I emailed and asked where my order was and got a email back saying "no order on file". Well two strikes and their out. I don't mind getting fliped the bird, but I hate paying for it. Now I phone the place in Cali with three letters in their name and stuff shows up when I need it, not for next yrs project.
rhodyguy
i don't know if it's a us-can thing as well. i shipped a fuch to alberta(?) and it took 4 weeks to get there. i thought for sure i was s.o.l .

kevin
Dave Blackburn
I ordered flared rocker panels from a big online Porsche place mentioned above.
They said they were in stock, and would ship that week. 3weeks later I called, and they didn't know why they wern't shipped.
Finally after 6 weeks I got them and they were the wrong ones, not flared!!
I shipped the wrong rockers back, and it took another month for the right ones to show up.
I submited my shipping recipt to get a refund for return shipping and I still have not got my credit back, and that was 6 weeks ago.
My initial order was on June 10th, and I am still trying to figure things out with them. finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif

Next time I'll try AA.
Charles Deutsch
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 1 2003, 05:37 PM)
I'd add question #3 -How much is shipping?

There was a recient post comparing shipping costs. The "deal" they got was offset by higher shipping charges.

Even places that get good ratings from members here can screwup on orders.

I ordered sheet metal replacement parts from  one mentioned here and was told that they would drop ship them from the manufacture. A month later I get a email asking how I'm enjoying my order. I emailed them back and said I would if the parts had arrived yet. Next email I get is telling me they would be shipped in a week. I sent an email back asking who's fault was it for the screwup, theirs or the manufacture? Never got an answer. All I wanted to know was who screwed up. If it was them, a "sorry" would have be nice. If it was the manufacture, then not much they can do about it. Parts arrived 2 weeks later. Time from order, 2 months. Next time I ordered from them was half way home with the 70. It needed a shifter bushing kit. I used the online catalogue to order from my buddys place in Calgary. Figureing the parts would be at home when I get there.  A week after I get home, I emailed and asked where my order was and got a email back saying "no order on file". Well two strikes and their out. I don't mind getting fliped the bird, but I hate paying for it. Now I phone the place in Cali with three letters in their name and stuff shows up when I need it, not for next yrs project.

I ordered from this same place and they never answered any of my email questions and none of the emails they sent me in response to my phone calls were ever signed so when I phoned them back I always had to explain the story (they screwed up) from the beginning.
GWN7
Mabey they were scared by a Polar Bear when they were litle? The only explaination I can see for them to not want to sell North of the 49th. It's too bad, everyone says their nice people and look after those close by. blink.gif

I use a credit card when ordering anything. If there is a problem with the order, just dispute the charge to your card company. They will automaticly charge back to the business the amount disputed. Beats waiting 2-3 months for a credit to be posted to your account from a slow company.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.