Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fathers Day, getting anything 914 related?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
This will be my 1st Fathers Day being a Dad wub.gif wub.gif

Wife asked what I wanted and since a new 914 is out of the question, I've got to come up with something more "reasonable", hahahaa
JerryP
Congrats...last year was my first. This year I asked for the same exact thing, a full day with the cars. I'm told my wish was granted... but we'll see. Good luck.
TROJANMAN
ironically, i got all of my alone time before father's day.
We'll probably 4 wheel up to a picnic site as a family. smile.gif

BigDBass
While not technically a father for another 4 or 5 short weeks, I'm campaigning for a new rolling tool cabinet.
mstein95
Being the father of two beautiful girls, my Wife asked me if I had a 914 Father's Day wishlist somewhere.....I immediately directed her to my Pelican Parts project list and also my Evilbay watch list. I'm almost gitty at what she may have gotten me. Is it too much to hope for a four post hydraulic lift (not on either list but a big hint was dropped)? mueba.gif
Sparky
My daughters are taking me to see Cars. Hmm funny they are 8 and 6, have no money, and can't drive me there. I would love to see Cars in the teener at the local drive in. However it won't (the teener that is) hold all four of us.

I am lobbying for this for my birthday (coming up next week):

Lunch in the Park

So far my pleas are falling on deaf ears...

My best,
Mike D.
scottb
i too have asked for garage time for fathers day. after watching the engine drop last weekend, it is time for me to do the same. i want to disconnect/label things on saturday afternoon and do the drop on sunday morning. that would be cool.

then have a bbq in the afternoon and relax.....
rmital
...asked for garage time too...and getting it. "Lift" time too at a friends shop. Parting out one 914 and valve adjustment on another.

I guess the one day a year I get a free pass....
MoveQik
We are going up north to the high country and hanging out. Rumor has it we are all three(wife, daughter & me) playing golf on Saturday and then they are taking me out for a nice dinner. chowtime.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 14 2006, 11:38 AM) *

Wife asked what I wanted and since a new 914 is out of the question, I've got to come up with something more "reasonable", hahahaa

A new father of twins ....private time?? hahahahahahahahahahaha

I spend fathers day going to the car show in Ct with my kids...
Garage time is always after 9pm....

good luck with that one...

Rich
Mueller
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 14 2006, 11:00 AM) *

A new father of twins ....private time?? hahahahahahahahahahaha

I spend fathers day going to the car show in Ct with my kids...
Garage time is always after 9pm....

good luck with that one...

Rich

I've been playing Mr.Mom 4.5 days of the week now for last 4 weeks, I have not got anything accomplised like I thought I would...I wait till Sherryl gets home from work and yea, the 9pm time frame sounds just about right by the time we have dinner and catch up on the daily stuff (she talks about work, I talk about how many times I got spit up on or who had the bigger poppie diaper icon8.gif )
crash914
ha ha....I just got my present early..

Tangerine Header!!

Thanks Chris!

only problem, from me to me.....
balljoint

Me too. smile.gif But it's also my father-in-law's birthday. Trumped.
Jeff73
I'm recently divorced (3 weeks) and this will be my first father's day without the wife. My son will be with me and I'm gonna start a tear down of the 914. Gonna be fun!
turboman808
I say put the family to work on your car!
Lou W
I'm hoping for a bucket-of-paint, my daughter asked me how much it was going to cost for the paint. smile.gif
scottb
woo hoo!!! just received the 'guarantee' from the wife that i get a full day of garage time.....

and to make it even better, my 7 yr old daughter wants some wrench time under the car on sunday. how cool is that!!!!

i will have her man the baggies for the parts and get dad the necessary 12oz 'job well done' once we are looking at the engine/trany separated from the car.....

MoveQik
Finally got around to getting a few pics off the camera. Fun as hell golfing with my daughter on Father's day! smilie_pokal.gif wub.gif
TROJANMAN
that's awesome mike.
check out the sweet driving shoes my daughter gave me for the 914 drunk.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jun 29 2006, 09:03 AM) *

that's awesome mike.
check out the sweet driving shoes my daughter gave me for the 914 drunk.gif

Those are great. I just saw them for the first time about three weeks ago when we went down to Rocky Point. We were all sitting in the pool and one of the guys a few feet away reaches into the cooler, grabs a beer, holds it up to his foot and opens it. WTF.gif ??? He shows us the shoes and we are all instantly pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
TROJANMAN
just getting ready for the RRC beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.