Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilstein Strut Housing question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Do All Bilstein Strut housings have the upper cover like the picture below?
Qarl
My suspension didn't come with them. Are they missing? If so, does anyone know where to get a set ASAP?
Brad Roberts
Any of them will work (including your stock 914 shock covers.. they just wont be green)

B
Korijo
I got my set, Karl. ALREADY blasted...

Want 'em ??
914werke
Karl did those come stock on your /6?
Supposedly some /4's also came so equiped but after owning 6 or 7 cars including an Creamsicle Ive never seen anything other than the (Black) Boge strut housing OE equiped? unsure.gif
maf914
If I recall correctly from his previous posts, Karl's car has 911 struts.

My 76 has black struts, I assume originally with Boge inserts.

Mike
Qarl
Okay... next question... do they just slide on over the shaft and are held in place by the washers and nuts that attach it to the camber plate or is there an additional nut on top or some way of securing it to the strut insert?

Thanks!
-P-
The hole on the stock covers is too small for the bilsteins. They are held in place, at least on mine by a rubber grommet/washer on the strut shaft and sandwiched between the camber plate up top.
maf914
The Haynes manual shows the shock body, the rubber spring or stop, the upper cover, all up against the bottom of the camber plate, without additional washers or nuts. Washer and nut then thread on above the plate.

You might want to check the 914 PET CD for another view.

Mike
-P-
QUOTE(maf914 @ Oct 1 2003, 09:35 AM)
The Haynes manual shows the shock body, the rubber spring or stop, the upper cover, all up against the bottom of the camber plate, without additional washers or nuts. Washer and nut then thread on above the plate.

You might want to check the 914 PET CD for another view.

Mike

Yeah, that is more or less what I meant to say. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.