Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cable routings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hi4head
After 8 years I'm about to get my '73 back on the road. We got the engine back in on Saturday. I've replaced the speedometer cable and the clutch cable since both had problems. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of the underside to see the cable routing for the clutch cable and the speedometer cable.

Is there any special routing for them back in the engine compartment? I've already got them through the tunnel and connected to the speedometer and pedal cluster. Both are now connected to the transmission, but, right now they're just sort-of hanging. Should they actually go above the engine crossbar support, or does it not matter?

Thanks,

Chris
lapuwali
The clutch cable is pretty much a straight shot. I've often seen it zip-tied to the crossbar. The speedo cable can go over or under, so long as you keep it away from the halfshaft and the exhaust.
hi4head
Thanks James.

We'll go ahead and ziptie them up.

Chris
rhodyguy
there is a hole in the right half of the bar for the clutch cable to pass through. holds it just dandy.

k
Brad Roberts
Make sure the clutch cable is going through the hole in the crossbar. If you dont, it will wear a hole in the housing QUICKLY by rubbing on the bottom of the crossbar.

I use black zip ties to secure the speedo cable to the clutch cable.

B
rhodyguy
he'll listen to you brad. wink.gif

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.