Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: vitolini, californian
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
got a pair last night. Did a trial fit and it looks like they may not bolt right on, the angles seem wrong.

does anyone have experience with these??

turboman808
QUOTE(toon1 @ Jun 14 2006, 11:33 AM) *

got a pair last night. Did a trial fit and it looks like they may not bolt right on, the angles seem wrong.

Yeah I got a pair and found they will not really work right without some serious cutting. So now I have them sitting in my closet.

I ordered several aftermarket motorcycle mirrors. Gonna see what I can make from them. When I'm thru I will post up what seems to work in case anyone else would like to try.
toon1
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 14 2006, 12:42 PM) *

Yeah I got a pair and found they will not really work right without some serious cutting. So now I have them sitting in my closet.

I ordered several aftermarket motorcycle mirrors. Gonna see what I can make from them. When I'm thru I will post up what seems to work in case anyone else would like to try.

I 'm thinking a custom base might need to be made to get the right angles. that will also give me the ability to use the stock mounting holes.

i noticed that the pass. side mounting holes are bigger and non threaded is this stock??
andys
Has anyone considered the EMPI Mini Sprint mirrors listed here:

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=mirror

Andys
turboman808
I just don't trust those mirrors. They all move from what I have seen. Motorcycle mirros don't move at 150 so I am gonna give them a try first.

IPB Image
toon1
QUOTE(andys @ Jun 14 2006, 02:27 PM) *

Has anyone considered the EMPI Mini Sprint mirrors listed here:

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=mirror

Andys

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 14 2006, 02:35 PM) *

I just don't trust those mirrors. They all move from what I have seen. Motorcycle mirros don't move at 150 so I am gonna give them a try first.

IPB Image

the mirrors i took off the car lok llike the mini sprints, they moved big time.

I like the motorcycle mirrors, CF look is cool, how are you going to attach??
turboman808
Don't know for sure. I ordered several sets so I can take different parts and put them together to make a mirror I like.

Yeah I just found that picture on the net. I wish I ordered those. They are pretty. I didn't order carbon and definetly didn't get carbon look. I hope to have some pictures and let you know what worked this weekend or monday. They didn't get shipped out til yesterday.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 14 2006, 12:42 PM) *

You know if you guys want to do a brother a solid, I have a pristine 240Z in the driveway that just got back from the paint shop and when they disassembled the Vitaloni Californian mirrors to paint the mirror body they broke the passenger side glass.
I just need the mirror glass and I can't seem to find the mirror anywhere.
Could you spare the glass? They are just taken space in your closet man??? smile.gif
dflesburg
like anyone can pass you...
toon1
[quote name='Rotten Robby' post='704105' date='Jun 15 2006, 08:09 AM']
[quote name='turboman808' post='703542' date='Jun 14 2006, 12:42 PM']
[quote name='toon1' post='703527' date='Jun 14 2006, 11:33 AM']

[/quote]

[/quote]

You know if you guys want to do a brother a solid, I have a pristine 240Z in the driveway that just got back from the paint shop and when they disassembled the Vitaloni Californian mirrors to paint the mirror body they broke the passenger side

glass.

toon1
I am tring to put these on the car, so I won't be getting rid of the glass
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.