Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Heading to sunny, tropical Minnesota
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Could things possibly be better biggrin.gif ? Heading out to Fulda Minnesota tomarrow morning for a few days to visit with Noels folks. It should be interesting considering the town is about 1200 people and they are all related to Noels family in some way or another.

Anyone looking for me will have to wait until the night of the 19th.

Oh ya, and I am turning 30 on Fri....I may have a wake.
TROJANMAN
30? SERIOUSLY?
I was taking transmission advice from a 30 year old?

J/k have a safe trip biggrin.gif
drewvw

come on evil...you KNOW you'll be back on the site 20 minutes after your plane touches down! biggrin.gif
Pat Garvey
[quote name='Dr Evil'

Oh ya, and I am turning 30 on Fri....I may have a wake.
[/quote]
beer3.gif

You're breaking my heart - kid! Nonetheless, quaff a few (dozen) for me. 30! Jeez!
iamchappy
I do a good share of hunting around the Fulda area in the Fall. Highs expected in the 90's.

Chap
Dr Evil
Its not the turning 30 thing that bums me out, its the still having 3 years of school + 3-6 years of residency still to go before I am a working, productive individual agian. I kinda was hopping ot be somewhere by now......but I am still on my way. Ya, ya, woe is me I'm gonna be a doctor some day I know.

It was funny, I was hanging out with one of Noels co workers and her family recanting some of the things that I have done in my life and one of the people was like, "you sound like you have already lived two life times worth, how old are you again."

iamchappy
Me being 51 enjoy the 30's while your still young.

Please get me the Duck and Pheasant forecast from the locals. The check out the Valhalla at lake Shetek for prime rib, way more food than you could ever eat.
Qarl may come up this Fall and try his hand at duck hunting at our little spot just north of Fulda in Dovray, and Slayton you are welcome to join us if your into that kind of stuff.
iamchappy
Another thing you might want to check out is the Pipestone National Monument Park.
rick 918-S
Well, Welcome I guess.., Fulda is damned near out of state. I had to look that one up.
dinomium
30 huh? I was 30 once, then I got to know this phrase:
Oh crap! MY BACK!

Happy birthday and dont get hooked on Dones pills!
HA
beer3.gif
Dr Evil
Thanks for the invite and the tips, Chap. I can't make it out again for a looong time, unfortunately. I'll have to see what the family has in mind for my plans. Maybe I'll get in some fishing. I havent fished in over 10 years.
TROJANMAN
MinnesOta, eh.
have you seen this movie?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0157503/ biggrin.gif
iamchappy
I dont know what Noel told you, but Fulda's town is like a grain elevator and a water tower, I am totally serious.

And Fulda is bigger than most of the towns in that area.
iamchappy
There is some good fishing at lake Shetek.
ejm
See half the sights in Fulda here

and Happy B'day Mike

scottb
have a great trip mike.

i wasn't a productive member of society until mid 30's as well. thank god for grad school and slacker jobs!!! why do you think i am 43 with young kids? i could hardly take care of myself let alone a wee one.

go fishing. relax. drink some schmidt. then get back to work damn it!!!! beer.gif

cheers,

scott

PS - let me know when the BBQ has run low/out. i see a training session in your future.

jsharp.gif
Mrs. K
Mikey..............you aren't going to be able to be online on your b-day? blink.gif

The birthday fairy will be so disappointed.....I think she has a special gift for you wink.gif

Have a safe trip and wavey.gif Noel!

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
GWN7
Your only going to be 8 hrs away..... idea.gif

and don't worry about being a productive member of society....there are quite a few of us who never attain that goal, being happy is good enough for me. beerchug.gif
GWN7
So Dr. Evil how was Fulda?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.