Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Father's day NNJPCA AX @ Giants stadium anyone? Nathan, Leo?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Dominic L
So anyone planning to go besides me? driving.gif
Leo Imperial
This could be just the gift I was looking for, I'm gonna try.
yarin
Funny, I just PMed leo about this...

i'd like to go, not 100% yet. i'm gonna play with the 914 on saturday and see where i am status wise.

Leo Imperial
Not sure if I will make it. Wife is 2 weeks from having the baby.
Rmital has lift time in NJ on Sat and I think a few non-members are going to try to make it. NYChef is going to have a go at doing his valves. You guys should try to come down. I'm going to try to make both, but who knows at this point.
yarin
Unfortunately i'm gonna have to pass. School work for my night class calls... damn MBA.

Anyway... good news with the 914 Megasquirt challenge. My brother and I worked on it last night and most of today. Changed the battery which solved all of my starting issues. Tuned the VE tables a bit, adjusted the throttle cable, etc etc.. It RUNS!!

Its running a bit rich ~12.5:1 on load, but thats all tuneable. I saw head temps up to 350F on cyl 3 spark plug. Typically around 300-320 though.

Plus the brakes are a little iffy... the rotors feel really warped and i'd rather not drive an hour on them just in case. so i'll spend some time cleaning some stuff up tomorrow and get some tuning time in then be ready for the next autox..

yipee skipee beerchug.gif
i love porsche
went today with the 924 again..new tires were awesome..but they heated up alot and you can tell...i had to do all my runs in the morning cause i had to leave in the afternoon for fathers day, but when i left i was 1st in class by .02 seconds....dont think i kept that lead..but i was pretty happy with it....anyone know of any pictures anywhere?

im very eager to find out my official results
Dominic L
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jun 18 2006, 08:02 PM) *

went today with the 924 again..new tires were awesome..but they heated up alot and you can tell...i had to do all my runs in the morning cause i had to leave in the afternoon for fathers day, but when i left i was 1st in class by .02 seconds....dont think i kept that lead..but i was pretty happy with it....anyone know of any pictures anywhere?

im very eager to find out my official results

So that's why it seemed like you were running every every 2 minutes in the first run group!! smile.gif It looked like you were getting around pretty good though. Not sure how you wound up. Times didn't get any quicker in the second set of runs due to the super hot track. Don beat me by nearly a second in S1 with a 52.2 second run. My brother Vin came in third behind me by 3/4's of a second. My brother had to have the save of the year though on his last run to NOT take out the timing equiptment at the finish!! He came in super hot through the last slalom before the finish and spun halfway to the left ,then right, then left again, then right and didn't hit any cones! Good driving, bro. beerchug.gif Hope to see you at the next event @ Giants stadium.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.